Hobby on hold! Prepping a relocation!!

WallEyes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've decided to part with my awesome 20g reef that I had for a year. It was so much fun to see the corals grow and be apart of this hobby in Wisconsin. I've decided recently to move out of state and because of that I will not be moving the 20g. Rather I've found a new home for most my coral and fish, pending the rest. But now the question, how should I store my rock and sand?

Right now I'm thinking just dry out the rock and re-cure/seed it when I'm ready to re-up the tank (probably a 45/60 cube). How would I go about this?

Secondly the sand. I figure it would be a waste just to toss it, so just rinse it really well and dry it out as well?

Once things are dry just store in 5g buckets for easy moving?

Any suggestions from personal experience or advice would be awesome!!

Thanks

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think you nailed it... rinse off everything, dry it off and put it away for reuse when the time comes...

OP
OP
W

WallEyes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you bleach the rock? Whats the best way to make sure its clean before I re-cure and seed it? Its Pukani and I'd like to make sure there's not NO3 or PO4 leaching out when I start up the tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back