How much Pemisis should i feed my 2 clowns, valentini puffer and blue chromis?

Riley Pasha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
title. As of now I have been feeding them half a cube of PEMisis a day but I wanted to know your opinions if I should feed more or less.

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What is the product exactly? Are you referring to PE Mysis, it looks like that is a thing?

How big are these cubes?

If they are like the standard frozen mysis cube, then I consider that way too much for four fish... However, can you see the fish eating all the food?

OP
OP
R

Riley Pasha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the product exactly? Are you referring to PE Mysis, it looks like that is a thing?

How big are these cubes?

If they are like the standard frozen mysis cube, then I consider that way too much for four fish... However, can you see the fish eating all the food?

The cubes are pretty small. I would say like half a tablespoon or less. The fish do eat all of it, especially my Valentini puffer. He LOVES eating.

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, so they are likely the same size cubes I am picturing.

Still sounds like a lot of food every day. The 'human' factor to this hobby often works against us; i.e. we do not want the fish to go hungry. They also always seem hungry when being fed, which plucks our sympathy strings so we think if they are hungry when being fed, they must need that much food. Now, I want to be clear here; I am not saying that is a bad thing (do whatever works for you), but you should be mindful of it.

It becomes a bad thing when your nitrates and phosphates start to rise due to the over feeding. Have you tested these parameters lately?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back