I.d

Kellie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anybody tell me what fish this is I recently bought a tank and there are 2 of these in there ..they don't seem to bother the other fish they do chase each other sometimes but don't usually fight they display their fins and both follow each other swimming up and down along the glass

image.jpeg

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a goby, good too have , they Will clean Your sand .

OP
OP
Kellie

Kellie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I thought that but the closest I can find is a war painted goby and it doesn't look quite right .

OP
OP
Kellie

Kellie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure because it's hard to see in the photo but the fins are red with blue pattern and the body is covered in a blue and red spotted pattern that make it look like it has stripes the only real stripe is a lighter stripe that runs all the way along the top of the body but the head does look similar

OP
OP
Kellie

Kellie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool it may be then I just haven't been able to find a picture that looks exactly the same but this is the closest although if you look from above you can't see any colours just black with a white stripe

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Kellie

Kellie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway thanks I've been looking for weeks and there nice fish they come up to your hand and let you touch them everytime you put your hand in there so atleast I know what they are now

OP
OP
Kellie

Kellie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool it's always better when there useful there's a few in there all slightly different but these two are my favourite because they always come out and put on a show when your near the tank so wanted to know what they were called thank you very much for your help

OP
OP
Kellie

Kellie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll leave that to you guys but here are a couple more photos although I never seem to get the tail which is rounded

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back