I know your not supposed to run the PH under 30%....but...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JMLewis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally for my pumps if I go below 31% my 6095s stop spinning at all.

I set up a couple ramp profiles that run off of a 5 minute oscillating timer so when the virtual plug is on for 5 minutes 1 pump will run RampDn and when its off it runs RampUp. And the opposite for the other pump.

RampUp
Ramp Time: 5
Start Intensity: 31
End Intensity: 50

RampDn
Ramp Time: 5
Start Intensity: 50
End Intensity: 31

My question is this: If I put my lower intensities to 29% it shuts my pumps off until the ramp takes it back to 31% which is around 30 seconds, and I actually like that....BUT does that in anyway hurt the pumps or controls if I do that? Or is it that they simply wont run and I can use that "pause" in the pumps without hurting anything?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the pump is stalled and still has power this can damage the pump, the motor is running but the impeller is not turning due to the weak power, heat is generated with no cooling flow to carry it away, this will harm the pump. This is the reason we don't use 1-29%. I would use 0% anytime you want off. It is unlikely to cause harm in this short time, but I would avoid doing this.

OP
OP
JMLewis

JMLewis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok sounds good, I set it up for a different profile until I heard back. But I guess that ideas out the window.

Thanks for the fast response!

Back