Is there a way to backup a jebao wp25

soutzee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know how to make a battery backup to a jebao wp25 for power outages. Kind of like the ecotech mp has.

Thanks in advance

Eric B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there was a wp-40 thread over on RC that they were doing battery back-up's but have not been over there in quite some time so I don't know how it has progressed but it was successful.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be alot easier if you were using a DC Powerhead. Or does the power get switched over? Ive read about guys using a UPS computer back up battery to run their DC powerheads.

Last edited:

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be alot easier if you were using a DC Powerhead. Or does the power get switched over? Ive read about guys using a UPS computer back up battery to run their DC powerheads.

the WP40 is a 24volt DC pump, not sure though how you would make it switch from it's power supply to a battery like a Vortech does, the Vortech uses a 12v DC dry cell battery for back up and during an outage, the pump runs full time on 12v DC at half speed of whatever you have it set at when the power goes out....

I'm sure there's an electronics genius out there somewhere than has it figured out already but it's way over my head LOL I would try to find an old Vortech controller and hook the WP40 pump motor to it, then simply plug in the Vortech back up :)

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill see if i can get my hands on one

another way would be to find a 24volt battery and a charger that turns on when the voltage drops in the battery and run the WP on the battery instead of the power supply, since a 24v battery would probable be hard to find at a reasonable price, you could use 2x 12v batteries connected in series but I don't know where you'd find a 24v charger

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get a ups (uninterrupted power supply), the draw should be small enough to run a while. UPS can be found on amazon and a million other websites. You just plug the powerhead into the ups.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, thats a my bad, I did type out DC instead of using the UPS on the normal AC style equipment. Sorry gang.

OP
OP
S

soutzee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another way would be to find a 24volt battery and a charger that turns on when the voltage drops in the battery and run the WP on the battery instead of the power supply, since a 24v battery would probable be hard to find at a reasonable price, you could use 2x 12v batteries connected in series but I don't know where you'd find a 24v charger

Jumm seems more like a diy reasonable thing ill start looking for this stuff and make a budget. As ere on the caribbean power outages due to weather conditions are pretty common

OP
OP
S

soutzee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is that for a upsmit has to bebtrue sine energy and those are really costly if i were to buy one like that id rather buy the ecotech battery backup but not enlugh money for either of th unfortunately for me

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze safety connecter plugs right up an hook to a battery and it switches over when the power goes out got mine from bulk reef supply

Attachments

• 202115-Tunze-Pump-Safety-Connector-6105-1.50-a_1.jpg
    202115-Tunze-Pump-Safety-Connector-6105-1.50-a_1.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 431

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back