OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these snails populating my sump. I think they're trochus?
96e8ae0b2fddcbc207446ece873a03cd.jpg
0709dbfa98394758f25396e091af01c9.jpg

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful setup love the lounge right beside the tank I would probably sleep there. Glad you had such great success with the Fluconazole, I should be getting my supply in the next few days. The video of your treatment results is very encouraging, in fact your you tube video is what lead me to the Fluconazole thread, which is huge,I haven't finished reading it all yet

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful setup love the lounge right beside the tank I would probably sleep there. Glad you had such great success with the Fluconazole, I should be getting my supply in the next few days. The video of your treatment results is very encouraging, in fact your you tube video is what lead me to the Fluconazole thread, which is huge,I haven't finished reading it all yet
Thank you :) That chase is actually part of a wrap around sectional (seats about 12) in my previously formal living room. We have a very large family and turned the family room into a super size family dining room. LOL, I am now working on changing it all back since only my husband and I now live here with occasional visits from the kids. Anyway you actually get a better view from the other side of the sofa ;)

I am glad that the videos brought you here! It is truly amazing to finally have a way to inexpensively treat bryopsis and kill it in nearly all cases. We are still learning do's and don'ts but all in all it had saved so many tanks already that I personally consider it is a huge success :) I hope that it also does wonders for you also!

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready for a unexpected (1 week early) arrival of a bunch of coral tomorrow from a fellow YouTube buddy. I am not sure where I am putting all of it!!!! :eek: I have been scrambling to set up my 20L inside the house somewhere and will use the water from the 180 to fill it. Hopefully that'll help. Otherwise it will have to go in the 180 somehow. One of them is a colony larger (I'm told) than my green slimer..... the struggles lol

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't get the tank up cuz my friend and i split them up between our tanks. Now I am working on the frag tank since the seahorse tank is completed with exception to creating a sump fuge.

So I got Glenn to throw a stand together from all the scrap wood in the garage and a box for a suspended canopy over the weekend. I painted it yesterday and today, mounted the lights and hung the canopy. I am creating this system using all the tank leftover or no longer in use equipment and parts. Therefore instead of a hob filter I am putting a simple sump and a hob overflow on it. I have a extra JBJ ATO and rw8 ph also. No skimmer and I haven't decided on reactors. Possibly 1 for carbon. This tank will be receiving the 180 dt water on start up and including water changes.

So what is holding me up? After all this is truly a quick setup... yeah but if you know me, I am overthinking!
1) Do I want to put at least 1 baffle in the sump before the return?
2) I kinda want to put a baffle in the 20L for a pod breeding section with macro in it. Should I or shouldn't I? And if I do - how? Do I drill holes all through it or just teeth at the top?

Suggestions are appreciated :p

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my chaeto died and no3/po4 is rising in the 180 :( i was afraid that was going to happen... can't find any near me so now i have to pay a small fortune to get at least 25 % of what i had... ugh

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So regrettably I still don't have the frag tank running. There's nothing wrong I've just been way too busy to deal with it . And I only have a couple of minor things to do.

Gave the 180 a really good feeding tonight and all the corals are thrilled ! Check out this Monticap if you can see it. All the blue slimy looking stuf that you see is PE you can hardly see any red whatsoever haha.
75da9e8ebc756d22d28bac846358ebd9.jpg

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man! Something knocked down a coral, I went to get it out of the sb and look what I saw!!!!!! And it was in imminent danger from the RBTA [emoji33] so I got a net and moved it down by the adults in the cave! I'm so excited [emoji7]
1782f5ada2eebea2d5c588a7e8f45abe.jpg

These 2 have their mouths full!!!
2fdf707caad4857d43bb00dbaa8e7d52.jpg

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My AI's are glitching after six years, and will take them down tomorrow to see if there is anything I can do. Might be a case of salt creep. Hopefully I can fix this situation cuz I'd hate to loose them :( I feel like if they kick the bucket so soon since I bought them brand new at new pricing it's not worth the $$$ I'll replace them with 2 more t5's and a led strip.

Last edited:
OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be doing several wc's one after the other, scrubbing and soaking skimmer and media reactors adding new media and putting it all back online today... need to bring the no3 down to at or under 5ppm. New chaeto has been added also.

Busy, busy day ahead....

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty annoyed at BRS right now [emoji19] On Friday I ordered 2 extra tlf ball valves so I could hook up the reactors for the frag tank tapped into the main return (a simple t off). I paid extra for 3 business day shipping so it would arrive no later than Thursday (This projection even forgives them of a busy monday) because it's my last day off. It hasn't even left Wisconsin yet! And UPS says the earliest arrival would be Friday. .....just had to vent- sorry.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back