Jebo WP-25?

Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WP25 went up on Fish-Street today for a price of $70 plus about $23 shipping.

According to them Jebao is making the pump solely for them for the next 2 months....

Distributor Information : We are back order 3 month huge of the pump with Jebao Factory, all the production Line is now being produce our pump only for 2 month. We become Worldwide Distributor help us to distribution the pump

The info and the pictures on the site do not confirm that there is variable speed control on the pump.
As a matter of fact the picture that they have on their website looks like the old single control know controller.

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason I don't believe them. I think there would be some kind of info about that long of a wait given to the many group buys I have seen for these pumps.

totion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think anyone has these yet, if they do it hasn't been long enough to tell how they hold up.

Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason I don't believe them. I think there would be some kind of info about that long of a wait given to the many group buys I have seen for these pumps.

I know Macboat was told that there would be a bit of a wait, but that was do to shipping them buy boat for the amount they ordered. He was also told that they would be the first group testing them, but considering he didn't close the GB until 3/15 and probably got the money wired to them around now I don't know if that is still true.

I can see Fish-Street advance ordering the WP25 in mass quantities when they heard about the smaller pump and saw the excitement there was on the larger pump.

Any word on how these hold up?

They have just been released. No one if not very few have them in their possession yet.
The WP40 has held up for me for almost 2 months now without a problem.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The WP25 went up on Fish-Street today for a price of $70 plus about $23 shipping.

According to them Jebao is making the pump solely for them for the next 2 months....

The info and the pictures on the site do not confirm that there is variable speed control on the pump.
As a matter of fact the picture that they have on their website looks like the old single control know controller.

Yeah... because of the grammar, I'm not sure what these guys are saying...but based on the older pic and lack of info, it looks shady...I'll wait to buy from someone I know a little more about.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm also wondering if there won't be a premium price for the first people who buy it since the expectation of price was a bit lower...my suggestion is that we wait a bit...

Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are released.
Mine came to my office this morning.
I'll put them in and take some video when I get home after the son is in bed.

Here are some pictures really nothing new. Still waiting to here back from Wystan about the speed control he told me would be on these.

e994a5124343_zps669df222.jpg

40de3421c70c_zps2f711e05.jpg

8f2a7b360f84_zps30afa63e.jpg

Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 gallon.
I'm running a WP 40 in it now at about 35-50% normal speed.
I want to see what this can do to.
If 1 is OK. I may sell the 2nd one I got.
I'll post something tonight.

Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video of 1 WP25 in my 55 gallon.

[video=youtube;Kae5-viKMpM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae5-viKMpM[/video]

I think it is still to strong, so I hooked it up to my Reef Angel and left the speed at a 35-50% ramp I set up for my WP40.
It's a little to low now so I'll probably boost it up to 45-70%.

Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Anemones, Toadstool Leather, Frogspawn, and Kenya tree all hated the 25 at full power on the stock controller.
I wound up taking the 25's out of the tank and putting the 40 in controlled with the Reef Angel.

I tried the 25 at the same settings as I had the 40 at and it didn't behave right. When I set the 25 to run at 30% during the night it would run for a bit and then stop. This never happened with the 40.

The 25's run perfectly fine with the stock controller, never stopped or anything, but they were to strong for my 55.

I can get better control and positioning with the 40 then the 25's

I'm going to wind up selling the 25's.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 92 52.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back