OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting your issues @Jonty. Hopefully we can figure it out. I'm always frustrated by the latest trend of not including instruction manuals with troubleshooting guides with equipment.

I also agree the precarious nature of the unit is a little bothersome.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I am trying to Purge the reaction chamber the display shows C/M and counts up to 20 and nothing happens it then returns to the standard display. When I try to "get DKH" the same C/M count up occurs and then it fails to SW<ERR!.
Sorry for all the post but I want to document as much as possible for other users.

The instruction manual http://www.khguardian.com/pdf/2017-01-24-USER-MANUAL-(ENG).pdf

Says that SW_ERR message means that there may be a blockage in the KS tube, and it forces the unit to reboot. So you need to check for a blockage.

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I am anxious to learn how it will work with my MTC ProCal calcium reactor.

The Kh guardian does not control a calcium reactor by itself. You run your reactor like normal and the guardian adds the rest as sodium bicarbonate up until the set point you've determined.

The FAQ has these questions around the 15 minute mark.

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally was debating on buying the kh guardian yesterday but I looked into the unpacking/how to use video and I believe it wasn't ideal for large aquariums unless used as supplemental dosing. Can't wait to see your overall experience with it.

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rick, I'm looking forward to your reports. Thanks to guys like you and jonty, we get to find out how well this unit operates from the cheap comfort of our own homes. ;)

Loved the video, your tank is beautiful and those SPS look to be off to a great start. As an aside: Good lord that alot of powerhead in your tank!! 4 tunzes and 4 panta rheis! You've given me flow envy!

Seriously though, do you have a write up of the panta rhei anywhere? I've heard good things and now know that they look pretty good as well.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be following along too good luck with the setup Rick! Don't plan on buying one of these anytime soon but I'm sure in a couple years hopefully they will get to be semi standard equipment.

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I am trying to Purge the reaction chamber the display shows C/M and counts up to 20 and nothing happens it then returns to the standard display. When I try to "get DKH" the same C/M count up occurs and then it fails to SW<ERR!.
Sorry for all the post but I want to document as much as possible for other users.

IMG_0154_zpsix2uqqg1.png

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep SW in works well and the reaction chamber is operating correctly, float switch and agitator ext, just no SW Out

OP
OP
Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my log entry for the purge fail.
02/05 21:48:11 W.2 KS=0D L%0 S%0 SW<_ERR KH :0.00
I wish the manual would explain what the codes KS=0D L%0 S%0 means

Yeah I don't see that information offered anywhere in the instructions. I may have missed your error code, I guess it depends on which way the ampersand is pointing (<,>)

Back