Lettuce Sea Slug (Nudibranch) Not Doing Much...

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a very nice CuC today from ReefTopia and am very happy with the order. BUT my eight lettuce nudibranch are not really doing much. I properly acclimated them earlier today and 7 hours later they were in the same spot I left them.

I grab them and they are responsive and start moving around on my hand, but when I place them on a GHA spot they just sit there and seem to sleep lol.

Well its light out and I have been monitoring the CuC. All the snails, emerald crabs x5, and various hermits are doing their thing, but the lettuce nudi's are just chilling still.

What gives?

lazy-cat5.jpg

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arent they nocturnal? I am probably way off on that, but I noticed mine more active in the evening hours. Don't forget, you can take a horse to a watering hole, but you cant make them drink from it...

... That applies to this hobby, too!

OP
OP
ReefMadScientist

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Arent they nocturnal? I am probably way off on that, but I noticed mine more active in the evening hours. Don't forget, you can take a horse to a watering hole, but you cant make them drink from it...

... That applies to this hobby, too!

Well this morning I checked and they seem to had BARELY moved lol. I know they are slow goers but come on! Yeah, I think my slugs have low IQ.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, but they don't eat that. Read the article

OP
OP
ReefMadScientist

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you want them to do? Sometimes they text but very slow. I wrote an article about them a while ago.

http://breedersregistry.org/maquacu...-slug-spawning-in-a-100-gallon-reef-aquarium/

Great article! I wish I would had read that before. Yeah my sea slugs are doing the same thing yours did. They just rest on the hair algae and seem to not do much. Atleast yours moved around though! I will feed them some cualerpa to see if I can rejuvenate their energy.

Thanks!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Play some music.:rolleyes:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back