• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Live phytoplankton

Nuch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Selling live phytoplankton in 16oz bottles. My culture splits every week so i have excessive amounts and want to keep this going because its a good culture i started from. I probably have enough for my tank now for a couple months but if i stop then i have to start a new one all over agian when i run out. I usually get 9 bottles a week from this. It's great for coral and pods and algae growth. I clean my glass now probably like once every 6 days and even then its very little. If not sure about the stuff read up on it. It's good stuff. A bottle usually last me 2 weeks and i have a 45 gallon.
I can ship 1 for $15 or 2 for $20. No more will fit in the priority boxes that i ship with. Pm for paypal info or text. 646-270-4251

20170124_212218.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nuch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some questions in pm and text that i answered and in case anyone else wondering. so i dont have a phd in phytoplankton, Ha Ha, but did quite a bit of research about it. You should dose 5ml for every 20 gallons. you cannot harm the tank if you happen to overdose. you can also use doser for it if you can somehow keep it cool. I know someone who uses a wine bottle cooler. It should be shaken daily (not alot) because the plankton will settle at the bottom and smother eachother. Skimmer should be off for a few hours after it is put in. If left out after 8 days it will start to die off (but not totally crash the whole bottle) Shipping will be ok because it is moving around in box and i use priority mail so 2-3 days is fine. I also add aditional fertilizer to the bottles before i ship.

OP
OP
N

Nuch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for the 2 shipments that were supposed to go out today, sorry i will ship tomorrow we got 8" of snow here and the post office closed early and no more trucks were going to pick up the mail for the day

OP
OP
N

Nuch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have to go to the post office tomorrow to ship out a couple reactors. So while im there anyone want phytoplankton.

sthill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my 2 bottles the other day..great guy to deal with..thanks again

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back