LRS Reef Frenzy "Nano" question???

Mark75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you guys feed this??

I am having a trouble cutting it into small enough pieces to feed,..it is like one big sheet of clam that is impossible to cut. I have stopped feeding it because it is so difficult to cut up.

Did I get a bad batch???

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With LRS Reef frenzy nano I've never had a problem with it. I have switch strictly to LRS Reef frenzy just do to the volume I feed but I have never had a problem cutting any of the LRS products. So possibly a bad batch if you still have it get ahold of Larry @ReefFrenzy I'm sure he will work with you.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you guys feed this??

I am having a trouble cutting it into small enough pieces to feed,..it is like one big sheet of clam that is impossible to cut. I have stopped feeding it because it is so difficult to cut up.

Did I get a bad batch???

I'm not sure why you are having any problems cutting up the Nano blend. It is the most finely ground and thinnest sheet pack of any of our blends. Have you tried simply slicing down two sides of the package, peeling it back and then cutting it like a ti-tac-toe board?

This is what many of our service companies do for their clients each week. Honestly though the Nano is so thin it should break right apart. If you are noticing the food "clumping" together that is natural and intended by design. The natural proteins hold the food together like sticky oatmeal for folks who wish to place the chunk of food on a feeding clip, or stick it to the glass. If you wish for the food to break up, thaw it in a little water and agitate it with a fork or turkey baster. Let me know if I can help further.

OP
OP
Mark75

Mark75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was not clear on my problem!:p

I break a small piece off of the sheet easily and then drop the small piece in a small container of tank water. The small piece thaws into a same size single mass that I then spend 10 minutes with a knife trying to cut it into bite size pieces while chasing it around in the cup of water. I can leave it in the tank water over night and it is still a very firm single chunk that is impossible to cut. It is much easier to break/cut up while still frozen. Maybe I should try grating it into crumbs before I thaw it?o_O

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a small pair of sewing scissors and cut up small frozen chunks while in a medicine cup (cutting while frozen before adding water) then I add water to the cup to thaw. Easy pezy [emoji2]

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I break off a chunk, stick my hand with the food And rub it in between my thumb and index finger, it explodes into a cloud of tasty morsels lol.

OP
OP
Mark75

Mark75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I break off a chunk, stick my hand with the food And rub it in between my thumb and index finger, it explodes into a cloud of tasty morsels lol.

Yea,...mine is not like that at all! I could place the entire "slab" of frozen food in a bowl of water over night and pull the thawed "slab" out and lay it on the counter and it will look the same as when I put it in the water, the water used to thaw it will also be as clean as when I started. o_O

NickB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put in in a cup of tank water then just suck it into a turkey baster and blow it back out a few times. It will break into tiny pieces

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freezer burnt?
Yea,...mine is not like that at all! I could place the entire "slab" of frozen food in a bowl of water over night and pull the thawed "slab" out and lay it on the counter and it will look the same as when I put it in the water, the water used to thaw it will also be as clean as when I started. o_O

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I do same break little off n toss into cup add tank water swish with Turkey baster dissolves nicely and ready to feed.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back