5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Name:
George

Why You chose your screen name:
I chose this name because I am half Korean and half czech, hence I am a "hybrid" Asian lol.

Current Tank Specs:
6'x2'x2' 180 gallon SPS reef. It's been thru some rough times lately but is on the up and up

Build thread if you would like to follow:

http://reef2reef.com/threads/hybridazns-180-gallon-build.189795/

Area of strength in the hobby:
I consider myself a jack of all trades, I especially enjoy SPS corals but also keep acans, zoas and chalices. Basically anything that my wife and I find appeasing. I try to do as much diy as I can, but if it doesn't make sense financially or worth my time I have no problem pulling the trigger on something already made haha.

Favorite hobby outside reefing:
Building race cars, I've been wrenching since I got my first dirt bike when I was 12. My first decent car build was when I was 17 and I acquired a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse turbo. It took about 4 years to build it to what I liked and back in 2004 it made over 500 wheel hp, which back then was a lot for a street driven 4 cylinder.

Screenshot_2016-01-14-04-15-48-1.png

Here's another pic of it with my buddy's 240sx that at the time had a sr20det swap (around 2003-2004 before they became a common swap)
Screenshot_2016-01-14-04-16-05-1.png

Car has been since sold :( and I regret it. I now have this:

Screenshot_2016-03-30-19-23-54-1.png

2005 Suzuki gsxr 600 with a few mods. It's not the fastest but it gets me around until I can get my next car project going.

So some details about me, I'm 33 years old and I have been married for 9 years (10 years in july) to my beautiful wife who puts up with me and my crazy hobbies lol. We have 1 daughter who is 3 years old and the love of our lives. She def keeps us on our toes

FB_IMG_1459380457944.jpg

My daughter Jasmine and I riding a train at Christmas time lol

FB_IMG_1459380574845.jpg

My wife, daughter and myself being goofy lol

Well I think that is the basics. Anything else feel free to ask, I'm pretty easy going.
You need to toss a Silvia front end on that s13[emoji12]

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lord no, not after my series of unfortunate events!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
lol, just went over this thread and oh man, you guys all look so passionate. Should have post ur tank with ur picture too haha

Welcome to R2R!

WLDSHARK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@revhtree - Thank you for putting this thread together. Each moderator has given the Brotherhood/Sisterhood of passionate reefers a glimpse of their identity that much of us can relate. May God continue to bless the work of your hands and grant you continued favor in your life. See you guys on Sunday @RAP.
CJM <><

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^^^Hey Bro, all my pleasure.^^^^^^^^
Glad you like R2R but it ain't only me, we have a great team here and AMAZING members like you is a must for this forum to be not only the best we can be but just a good friendly place to hang and not only for sake of this hobby.
How's your tank doing?

SVP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm right at the point of getting ready to put water into it. But I live in Cocoa Beach Florida. So I guess I am lucky that I took my time. Cause it looks like we are going to get hammered with Mathew the Class 4 hurricane it is going to go right over our town/house. We will see by Sunday if I even have a home left let alone an aquarium. I have been through a lot of hurricanes ( compared to most people) and this is by far the worst one that I have seen hit this area. It is beautiful to live down here(great weather year around, beautiful beaches and lots of fun things to do) but this is the price we pay sometimes. But I do really like the website and am grateful for how people treat you and help you without making you feel like a idiot when you ask a question because you didn't know something. Anyway I gotta get back to boarding up my home.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm right at the point of getting ready to put water into it. But I live in Cocoa Beach Florida. So I guess I am lucky that I took my time. Cause it looks like we are going to get hammered with Mathew the Class 4 hurricane it is going to go right over our town/house. We will see by Sunday if I even have a home left let alone an aquarium. I have been through a lot of hurricanes ( compared to most people) and this is by far the worst one that I have seen hit this area. It is beautiful to live down here(great weather year around, beautiful beaches and lots of fun things to do) but this is the price we pay sometimes. But I do really like the website and am grateful for how people treat you and help you without making you feel like a idiot when you ask a question because you didn't know something. Anyway I gotta get back to boarding up my home.
Prayers are sent for you and everyone in its path. Hopefully you are able to weather this storm without any problems. Keep preparing for it and stay safe.

Thank you to all the mods and the R2R team for all you guys do for our community.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Name

Jeffrey

Why You chose your screen name

It is an abbreviation of my full name

Current Tanks

72 Gallon bow front

Future Tank

90 cube

Build Thread

My 72 Bowfront link

Area of strength in the hobby

None really, and I say this because every day is a new learning experience in this hobby. If I must say, you will see me dabbling in DIY, Lighting, chemistry, and disease for corals and fish.

What else do I do outside of reefing

Cook, woodworking, building computers things that are challenging.
Lightroom Fix-5195.jpg

How long have I had tanks?

I started about 35 years ago with fresh water tanks. I had a 35 hex, 75 gallons and a 150 at one-point fresh water. I had to sell off the 75 and the 150 and converted my 35 in to my first saltwater tank. Some how I broke the front glass of the 35 with a coffee cup feeding the fish with frozen. I upgraded to a 75 the next day. I have pretty much had 75-gallon tanks from then on.

I have taken some breaks along the way, current system is my most successful system by far with all the improvement in reef keeping.

Last edited:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FFDA42C5-1FA7-4A6C-9956-CFAA649FADDD.jpeg
51AE836D-1A3E-495B-9D6B-5218D4B0BD4C.png

First Name: Jason

Why You chose your screen name: Well, I owned 4 Fords. I sold one, but I’ll be at 4 or 5 in short order I’m a bit addicted to automobiles. I’ve had 26 Fords now, all but one I’ve loved. I used to flip cars to get through college and I’ve had many old Fords with 300-468k miles on the original drivetrain. I currently own a 2012 F150 4x4, 2013 Fusion Titanium, and a 2016 Explorer Sport AWD. Next will be a 1970 or so classic mustang, considering a 2018 expedition, and GT500 if I get my money right!

Well, they said to bring pics.
176E9E14-99CA-4CD2-A664-CE3201C7AEB0.jpeg

Wife’s car
0E8E723E-B047-4662-9A3A-55722DC4818C.jpeg

Heavy Betty
B4F7B80A-3E35-41EE-A795-7A58B338D77F.jpeg

Trusty Gray at the old house

OK so this next one isn’t a Ford but it does have a V12 from a German Ford factory and was “conjured” under Ford ownership in the company.

F0604255-8E73-4502-A729-9CC5C7ECB47F.jpeg
71C9D36F-CED3-464B-86D1-ED5A08688C43.jpeg

Aston Martin DBS Volante

Current Tank Specs:
Well as of right now I have a 180 reef with tons of tangs and inexpensive easy coral. I also have a 500G FOWLR built in to my wall. Tons of large angels and tangs!

1A63BBF1-E939-4AF1-8BF6-18CD1B01A28E.jpeg

520081D4-D02B-4045-9CA3-EC55869329C2.jpeg

I will build my reef back to glory soon!

Build Threads:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/modest-beginnings-of-my-last-180.327776/

Will be one for the wall tank, featuring my “handy” guy @HotRocks (we live within 5 minutes of each other and are close friends outside of the forum, many of you know him as the Hanna Copper Checker Guy! :D)

Area of strength in the hobby:

Fish and fish disease. I know my fish well, I know my expert level fish well (idols, regals, leopard wrass, etc) and I am primarily on the fish disease forum. Tangs, angels, and wrasse are and have been about 90% of my inhabitants. I stock tanks heavily (I really struggle with moderation...)

Favorite hobby outside reefing:

Cars. Hands down. I like customizing them (or designing them and letting someone else do the work because I have zero patience and break everything I touch — I’m not handy).

How long have you been reef keeping:

14 years now. I’ve had 3-4 tanks running at any given time since the start. Including quarantines I guess I’m at 4.

More Info:

I am married since 2012 to my beautiful wife. As of now I have a 4 year old son and 6 year old daughter.

I am a sales manager and I also secure jumbo reverse mortgages for wealthy clients to use as financial tools. I studied undergraduate at IU Kelley School of Business in Indianapolis Indiana with degrees in Marketing and International business. I have an MBA from Butler University. I also have an economics minor, something I am very interested in as well, but that’s a controversial topic I will leave it at that.

I’m a pretty direct person, I have a pretty bad sense of humor I don’t really show here, and I am a very blessed, God-fearing man. Happy reefing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back