OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While at MACNA last weekend, we had the pleasure of talking with Felix Bordon (president of Reef Savvy) about the 2015 Dream Tank Giveaway to benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Here's a short video we put together:

For more details and to donate, go to: https://www.smore.com/mcvre

This is such a worthy cause and donations are tax deductible... Join the fight and have a chance to win a custom Reef Savvy Dream Tank!

frogman_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While at MACNA last weekend, we had the pleasure of talking with Felix Bordon (president of Reef Savvy) about the 2015 Dream Tank Giveaway to benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Here's a short video we put together:

For more details and to donate, go to: https://www.smore.com/mcvre

This is such a worthy cause and donations are tax deductible... Join the fight and have a chance to win a custom Reef Savvy Dream Tank!

Done and done. This is really awesome you guys! I hope you blow the doors off 50,000!
Can't say enough about what this represents for our hobby. Dang this makes me proud to be a Partner Member

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done and done. This is really awesome you guys! I hope you blow the doors off 50,000!
Can't say enough about what this represents for our hobby. Dang this makes me proud to be a Partner Member
Awesome!

Chris Aldrich

Caribbean Chris @ Saltwater Smarts
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video, Mike! It's fantastic to see so many companies and hobbyists coming together in support of Felix, the rest of the Reef Savvy team, and most importantly, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Thanks for being part of helping to spread the word.

As an aside, I put together an article and video while at MACNA about the 2015 Dream Tank Giveaway, as well. Looks like we must have just missed each other. Rain check to meet next year?! (http://www.saltwatersmarts.com/help-kids-and-enter-2015-dream-tank-giveaway-5711/)

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video, Mike! It's fantastic to see so many companies and hobbyists coming together in support of Felix, the rest of the Reef Savvy team, and most importantly, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Thanks for being part of helping to spread the word.

As an aside, I put together an article and video while at MACNA about the 2015 Dream Tank Giveaway, as well. Looks like we must have just missed each other. Rain check to meet next year?! (http://www.saltwatersmarts.com/help-kids-and-enter-2015-dream-tank-giveaway-5711/)

Thanks Chris - our video was a bit catch-as-catch-can. The first try didn't turn out well at all (we did interviews at MACNA, but the audio quality was poor), so we improvised. It really is a cause that is very deserving of our time and treasure. We truly hope that everyone reading this or seeing the videos will go to the site and donate whatever amount they can. Every single penny raised makes a huge difference in people's lives, and the Reef Savvy folks are making it fun and exciting for reef keepers by putting together some fantastic prizes.

PLEASE DONATE, and THANKS!!!

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought we'd share a few pics...

Frag tank:

A couple of top downs:

Our QT Cutie - H. hartzfeldii

Temp Tank:
A few top down shots:
ORA Green Planet

ORA Pearlberry

A. Tenuis

A. anthocercis

Our male G. semifasciatus is starting to court the larger female. Couldn't get them both in the frame, but did snag a pic of him swimming on his side:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any word on the new tank?

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any word on the new tank?
Yes! Talked with Felix late last week and we're looking at late November which will help immensely as the temps here start to plummet from mid-December thru February (and even into March).

ou12004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you going to use for a top? Your fish are incredible and I know some of them are jumpers.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 67 45.3%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 40 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back