OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the pictures labled backwards......Yea they can breed in my tank, they have anywhere from 20-80 babies. Food for other fishes or for dispersal to other people that want to try it out......They are still getting acclimated to the tank, I have seen them eat a little bit but not much so far.....Looks kinda weird seeing a FW fish in a SW tank, but with the colors they have the don't look to out of place.

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the pictures labled backwards......Yea they can breed in my tank, they have anywhere from 20-80 babies. Food for other fishes or for dispersal to other people that want to try it out......They are still getting acclimated to the tank, I have seen them eat a little bit but not much so far.....Looks kinda weird seeing a FW fish in a SW tank, but with the colors they have the don't look to out of place.

Az, if they breed and you want to raise the fry, don't leave them in a breeder's net, and don't leave them in your tank. They have a huge amount of dieoff when isolated. Before saltwater, I bred guppies and mollies, mollies I had in a bredder's net, in one of the main tanks, 3-5 out of 30-45 usually made it and some of the other fish would often die due to the ammonia spike the deaths caused.

flytrap

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you use the Lyetail Mollies? I have checked several store and no one has SailFin Mollies

Last edited:
OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info Maroonytunes.....

From what I have read you can use all of them.....there are none that can't go into slatwater......

These dang thing haven't touched a lick of algea except off the top 4 inches of the glass.....They better get thier act together!

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm.. I think I am gonna head out to the LFS and see if they have any... Too bad fancy guppies cant be acclimated in.. I love those!

Edit: Some people have acclimated fancy guppies to SW also! I may try that.. I mean they cost like 3$ Why not?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read that about guppies to...Talk about your in tank food supplementation. The way they breed you may never have to feed your fish again.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I had to remove the Mollies today....The male had his tail all beatin up, so it looks like the seemingly sissy clowns are kicking some but while I am not looking......SO now they are in my 18g nano, they are the only fish in there so they should be good to go.

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found it in advanced aquarist...On RDO and if you Google it, you will get a few references. There doesn't seem to be a ton of info on it, other than saying they are brackish and *can* be acclimated to SW. The one reference I read said that the females do better than the males.

Here is the link http://www.reefs.org/library/article/r_toonen6.html
here is the published article: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/dec2003/invert.htm

scroll down, you will see a couple posts about having them acclimated to sw. I couldnt find hardcore scientific references, but it is worth trying.

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back