My New JBJ 45

ReefTankRebel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, wanted to start a thread on my new tank.

IMG_1663.JPG

Going to be moving in a couple weeks and and will be moving everything from my 90 gal from my house now to the JBJ which I'll be setting up at the new house soon. Here is my tank now.

IMG_1608.JPG

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it. I'm starting a new JBJ 45 myself on Wed. I have the stand up but it couldn't fit in my car so have to use the wife SUV. Already cycled my QT tank
Why are you dropping down? No room

OP
OP
ReefTankRebel

ReefTankRebel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea smaller house and the 90 gal is 36" deep, so I'm def looking forward to having a shallower tank for maintenance and light penetration.:)

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that is a deep tank. I wasn't aware they made tanks that small ( in gallons) that deep
Well I'll be happy to watch your build as I get started on mine today. I already have cured live rock (30 libs) 60 Lbs of live Fuji Pink. And the Red Sea reef mature pro kit to get things in gear. I also have a Apex controller from the freshwater, two Vortech MP10's, a uv sterilizer. Floating sand bed filter and assorted other stuff. But I know even with all that it will be awhile before I start adding fish to it. I have 2 clowns in my QT tank that have been quietly waiting and are good to go when the time comes to move them

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool!

OP
OP
ReefTankRebel

ReefTankRebel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that is a deep tank. I wasn't aware they made tanks that small ( in gallons) that deep
Well I'll be happy to watch your build as I get started on mine today. I already have cured live rock (30 libs) 60 Lbs of live Fuji Pink. And the Red Sea reef mature pro kit to get things in gear. I also have a Apex controller from the freshwater, two Vortech MP10's, a uv sterilizer. Floating sand bed filter and assorted other stuff. But I know even with all that it will be awhile before I start adding fish to it. I have 2 clowns in my QT tank that have been quietly waiting and are good to go when the time comes to move them

Your setup sound nice. You doing a thread?

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my tearing down of my freshwater. A pic of my QT ( with live rock and sand in it) and my built stand and that's it for now once I get the tank up then I will slowly add components ( like all the apex) while its cycling. Having a little bit of trouble carrying up to the second floor ( live in a eco nd floor condo - just large enough for that tank)

OP
OP
ReefTankRebel

ReefTankRebel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us posted! JBJ 45 is a nice tank.

Will do. I picked this up today for a good deal off craigslist.
image.jpeg

Been using tap water for the past couple years and getting away with it. But the new place has well water so I figured I should get it.

OP
OP
ReefTankRebel

ReefTankRebel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologize for the delay, been super busy and was without the internet for awhile due to move.

Good news move went well everything made it just broke my setosa into like 5 pieces.

Here is some pics

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on your move and the new tank. I have the jbj 30 gallon AIO and now I wish I'd gone bigger:confused: but I do love it. Looking forward to seeing more.:D

OP
OP
ReefTankRebel

ReefTankRebel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this is it as of right now, I still might rearrange a lil but idk yet. Might be going to get another clown today. My guys lonely

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back