OP
OP
Aidanwolf

Aidanwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No fish no coral just three hermitcrabs i had a damsel but i moved to a different aquarium And yes i have had the same pump it has been running strong.

Knaszak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea NoPx... I feed heavy, .0 No3 using for years 10 ml per day/360 gallon volume

USNDoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually recommend AMQUEL best thing for nitrates nitrites and ammonia

Current107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carbon dosing can actually cause nitrates to increase if you don't have the proper equipment to pull the junk out. Can you post a pic of the tank and how old the cycle is?

mik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you taking it to go get tested at the aquarium shop or are you using your own test kit if so check the expiration date on your test kit and make sure your test kit is up to date

OP
OP
Aidanwolf

Aidanwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i am using a api liquid test kit, I also put some clowns in yesterday because they were on sale and my nitrates went down but they are still high. Shaddow wolf i didnt do a water change because the night before i did a 50% water change,but today i might do one.

buckroe07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using an inTank media basket made just for a biocube? I use one and really love it.

OP
OP
Aidanwolf

Aidanwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to get one, but I am going to try and make my own. Also I am going to try to build the refigum also.

buckroe07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the filter floss on the top chamber it really catches a lot of crap and clogs fast. Which in turn makes you have to change in every 3 days or so and out goes the excess nutrients and down NO3 should go.

OP
OP
Aidanwolf

Aidanwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is why i am trying to build one, the first one didnt turn out well because my measurements were off.

buckroe07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is why i am trying to build one, the first one didnt turn out well because my measurements were off.

It is actually pretty easy to make one. I might not be able to make it look as pretty but I would make one too and you have self gratification.:)

OP
OP
Aidanwolf

Aidanwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that is what i thougt why would I pay 60 dollars for some acrylic filter that I could make for less than half the price.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know now they got that high? Was there a time they were at a normal level? Something's not adding up. Is it possible that there's something dead and decaying in the tank? To solve the problem, you'll need to know the nitrate source. Good luck!

Back