Need help dosing?

AquaJunkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been testing my tank recently and I'm starting to realise that water changes alone are not going to keep my water parameters maintained where I want them due to an increase in corals in my tank.

I want to get my alkalinity up to around 8-9dkh and I'm thinking on using a 2 part system.

I'm curious to know what you guys are using to dose your tanks with? And what results you're having? Any help would be appreciated as I'm currently trying to gather as much information as possible, thanks.

Girish23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use brs 2 part solution is at best and they also have chemistry calculator to know what your levels and what amt you dose your tank volume

OP
OP
AquaJunkie

AquaJunkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use brs 2 part solution is at best and they also have chemistry calculator to know what your levels and what amt you dose your tank volume

Don't live in the u.s so unfortunately this is not available for me

Girish23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U can order it online.other option is you also buy this stuff fror chemist suplier from your region

Bozoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using Aquaforest KH Buffer and Calcium and Magnesium which I weigh up and mix in two 5L containers with RO water. Alk in one and Ca/Mg in one. I am extremely happy with their additives and Probiotic Reef Salt, switching from more expensive brands like Red Sea and Seachem. Dosing pump is the way to go if you're considering doing manual dosing. Even meticulous people are subject to human error, especially in a hurry. I dose using a 4 pump dosing pump, which leaves me 2 free pumps to use as needed. I would recommend getting at least a 3 pump dosing pump as having an extra pump or two can be very useful at times. If your NO3 and PO4 is handled properly by your setup you can go months without changing water without seeing any ill effects. Personally I made back the initial investment by cutting back on water changes in less than a year.

I like keeping alkalinity right around 8. As I approach 9 it starts irritating my SPS and I get reduced growth and coloration.

OP
OP
AquaJunkie

AquaJunkie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now I've just ordered some of red seas reef foundation abc and also picked up some of seachems reef builder. Anyone have any experience with these? My current parameters are..
Calcium 420
Dkh 5.1
Magnesium 1480

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back