Need help with LED's ?

Yariel0527

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking to upgrate to LED's i been reading a lot about it, been serching and educating my self enough to start the change. but before i do I will like to get some advice from the people that have done this sucesfully with sps wich is what I mostly keep now, I Know a few of people that have change to LED's and all of them corals bliched out or suffer for a while and i don't what to deal with this issue after keeping a nice thank like mine.

Tank profile:

120g (48"X24"X24")
40g sump/fuge
ETSS 600 Skimmer
Mag 24 Conected to my return and two 150 Phosban reactors for Phosphates and carbon
Water Flow by two MP40ES and Two Koralia EVO 1400

Water Parameters:
Two Part Cal/ALK
Cal 465
Alk 12
Mag 1325
Nitrate 0
Phosphate 0.01
Curentlly dosing vitamin C....

So now this ismy questions?

1) How many LED's do I need for my tank?
3) How to acclimate the corals to get used to the power of the LED's
4) Where to find all I need to do them my self with out breaking my wallet......."I am willing to pay any prize but if I can find some that do the samework for a better prize will be better.

Help Please!!!!!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I will offer a bit of info.

1) How many LED's do I need for my tank? I would say you need 3.
3) How to acclimate the corals to get used to the power of the LED's? I would go with dimmable units and just dim the power way down and slowly acclimate them.

OP
OP
Y

Yariel0527

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

3) How to acclimate the corals to get used to the power of the LED's? I would go with dimmable units and just dim the power way down and slowly acclimate them.

You mean 3 fixtures i guess?
if so i may have to do 4 then because i have a divider (bracelet) on top of my tank.

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Most who complain about LED burning their corals did not acclimate. The same would go with someone who would change out PC lights for a 400 watt MH....

Any light change may require some acclimation.

For a tank your size most go with 90-120 Cree XP series or better LEDs with optics.

If you choose a factory fixture I would avoid the generic Chinese Fixtures like Eshine and their clones as their quality (please excuse the pun) is not up to PAR.

Bill

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back