JoeKooL KoolReef 210 remodeling into 428 display Custom DIY sump net BOOM!

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jackie tank is good. Same old goings on. I picked up a couple rubber made commercial hdpe trash cans @ 50gallons. The 32 gallon brute just wasn't enough water to do a proper water change on my 250+ gallons of water. Washed my mixing container out with straight white distilled vinegar. Filling it up with ro/di this morning. I'll post back on time to make close to 50 gallons. So far testing water in can still reading 0 tds gues I cleaned it good enough. You always pick up something out of the air or left over vinegar etc so we'll see. Don't care about a few tds it's just natural.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

New mr1 I got 500 grams rowa phos in it. Works awesome. Picked it up for $100 or less
image.jpeg

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the mr1! Never saw a 50g rubbermade. Looks nice :D I have had other brands made similar for different uses. Only thing I'd be concerned with is it eventually cracking near the wheels.

I still have to clean my 55g #2 drum I got nearly a year ago (my bad lol). A friend of mine came up with a pretty simple auto wc sys using a dp4 I might try. Glad the holidays are over so I can get back to working on the system :)

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some updates.
I added and extra return line from my pump tripling my return. I made a tool to clean in the slot in my overflow that pulls water from middle and bottom of tank. The over flows were packed with stuff. I now have the flow I need to make the third return work. I also added two Jebao PP20 pumps, newer of the wr series. Wow they move some water. I now have the 2 wp40's on the back glass. The algae I had growing on the sand is disappearing fast. Guess I just didn't have enough flow.

So I have increased my flow through the sump and I also moved one of my drain lines output right near the intake for skimmer.
I also added a maxijet 1200 in the sump to blow around the center section where the deep sand bed is.
I also cleaned up the sump because it was getting dirty.

I entered the wav contest because these so called wireless jebao pumps aren't working how I would want them to. I also made a crazy video too.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did install an extra A360we in the middle of the tank. For a total of 4.

Nice and bright in the middle now. Although it wasn't bad before but was a wider area then the two ends of the tank.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would add an updated list of my Neptune apex setup. Also added in a float switch in my skimmer collection container and programmed the apex to shut of skimmer to prevent an over flow. it has happened.

I currently own
Apex
2 EB8
MPR
AFS
VDM
BREAKOUT BOX
PM2
Lab salinity probe
Lab ORP probe
Lab PH probe
2 temp probes

Next on the list
WAV maybe four.
DOS and res
Leak detection

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.5%
Back