ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ArtFully Acrylic will begin offering our revolutionary ClearView Frame mesh lids to the masses!!

The pictures below are of our new lids on one of our Reef Crest 35 gallon AIO's
(customized to fit Maxspect Razor on long side). When we designed a lid for the Reef Crest, it was important to us to not hide the rimless edges that we spend so much time bringing to a clear high lustre. Now we want to offer you the same ability for your special tank.

Ordering instructions and pricing is on our website at:

http://www.clearviewlids.com

Please note we are continually adding popular aquarium brands. If yours is not there now, we will get to it!

The new Premium ClearView Frames now being used on our Reef Crest Series tanks are made entirely from 3/8" thick polycarbonate plastic.

We also offer Standard ClearView Frames which have been on our Signature Series AIOs since their inception. These Frames are made entirely from 1/4" polycarbonate plastic. We use a Heavy Duty marine compatible 1/4" square weave Clear Mesh on both standard and premium lids.

No more foggy/dirty glass lids.
No more gaudy plastic clips.
No more gaudy aluminum window screen frame.
No more shadows or lost light.

Are they Durable? -

Acrylic is 4-8 times more impact resistant than glass.
Polycarbonate is 200 times more impact resistant than glass.
To even attempt to compare the strength of these frames to standard aluminum frames...would be simply unfair.

Last edited:

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Glad to see it's polycarbonate instead of acrylic!! They should hold up very well and not warp like acrylic would tend to do. Do you have any close ups of how the netting is attached? Also could
I trouble you for a pm with a price for a lid for my 57 rimless (36"x18")?

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Glad to see it's polycarbonate instead of acrylic!! They should hold up very well and not warp like acrylic would tend to do. Do you have any close ups of how the netting is attached? Also could
I trouble you for a pm with a price for a lid for my 57 rimless (36"x18")?

Absolutely! Acrylic has it's benefits for sure, but lid service is not it. Warping is one of the biggest concerns of many with acrylic lids. Polycarbonate however is a more expensive and much more difficult material to machine than acrylic. The thin tabs we use to ensure a low profile on your tank are the other primary reason we went with polycarbonate. Done in acrylic, these tabs would break very easily since they are so thin. With the polycarbonate you could slam your lid on the floor, fling it against a wall, drive over it with your car and it would be VERY unlikely you would break the frame or tabs. The worst you would do likely is scratch it.

The 4th pic in the series above shows a pretty darn good view. The netting is attached in the customary screen frame fashion. It is splined into a shallow channel. In the event you damage the mesh it can be easily replaced with a spline roller and spline from your local hardware store.

And yes of course, I'll shoot you a PM with pricing for your tank.

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what thickness acrylic are you using for the frame? may be interested in a custom top.

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nevermind... I saw the info. Wondering if my overflow box may be an issue with it sitting all the way down properly. Will have to check.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good guys! too bad i didn't see this prior to making my own with aluminum for my red sea reefer 450. id still be interested in a price quote for the said tank with the overflow in mind.

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great idea. For those that may not realize it, the metal framed (aluminum) screens will leave hard water marks on rimless aquariums if they're inset (with the frame against the inner glass). I've not been able to remove the staining. This is a much better solution!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice! I might have missed it but can you make them to extend a little further to the edge of the glass?

Camer25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im definitely interested. Please PM me with a price for 48"x24" Thanks!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 156 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 35.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.5%
Back