New Flasher Wrasse Problem

ReeferNoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Longtime lurker, first time poster here.

I just received a filamented flasher wrasse as well as a mccosker. They are both together in a 10 gallon QT right now. My problem is the filamented is quite a bit bigger than the mccosker and is "picking" on him. The mccosker stays tucked away at the bottom of the tank, or in pvc, while the filamented swims all over the place. Every time the mccosker tries to come out the filamented sort of charges him, but doesn't seem to try and hurt him. Is this just a dominance thing and they'll sort it out? Or should I get another 10 gallon and separate them? Sorry for the long winded post! Thanks!

adonis854

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pics?dont know how much bigger but u can either wait it out and let them get used to eachother or you can get a divider and split the 10 gallon in half and let them get used to eachother that way..just throwing ideas out there ...

OP
OP
ReeferNoob

ReeferNoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been real successful trying to get a picture, I'll try again tomorrow. The filamented is around 3 inches and the mccoskers is around 1-1/2 inches. I will try the divider idea to see if that helps.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In small quarters, the filamented may not allow the mckoskers to come out much. The tank divider is a good idea. It shouldn't be as much of an issue once in a larger display.

OP
OP
ReeferNoob

ReeferNoob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately he didn't make it [emoji22] I received them both on Friday from Blue Zoo. He never really swam around much after being put in the QT so I don't know what happened. The filamented is swimming around fine. Doesn't look like he was beat up at all. Thanks for the help.
IMG_0389.JPG

adonis854

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately he didn't make it [emoji22] I received them both on Friday from Blue Zoo. He never really swam around much after being put in the QT so I don't know what happened. The filamented is swimming around fine. Doesn't look like he was beat up at all. Thanks for the help.
IMG_0389.JPG
SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS ..SOME FISH MAKE IT ..AND SOME YOU SCRATCH YOUR HEAD THINKING WHAT HAPPENED

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 82.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back