New SPS Aquascape-Opinions?

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. So I finally decided to make my tank a little more sps friendly and remove my soft corals, leathers, GSP, zoas and palys. In the process I did a little rearranging and I'm looking for some opinions of the new look, good, bad or ugly. As alway please forgive my terrible iPhone pictures, I have no idea how to take a nice picture with my digital camera.
thumb_IMG_2481_1024.jpg

Old Aquascape
thumb_IMG_2488_1024.jpg

New (and hopefully improved) Aquascape

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm impressed that you moved that red cap without destroying it. Looks great both before and after.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with others...looks great in both configurations. But more importantly, do you like it?

klesel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tanks you win both ways new way I like little more like the higher mid section

malira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to have the first tank, but I definitely like the second way. You really improved it.
The tank still looks full, but more area for corals to grow. And props on moving the cap and not breaking it.

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. I appreciate the feedback. I guess it is a little better now than it was. The main goal was to get those soft corals out and make it more SPS dominated which I did without breaking anything (thankfully). I'm still up In the air about how I feel,especially about the right side of the tank, but maybe once things settle in a bit more I'll be happy. In real life the tank looks like I started it last week with all of the open space and white rock. Hopefully these changes will give my SPS the best use of my lighting and hopefully color up more than they were in the first picture.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back