New to here, 40 Breeder owner

Gooburz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats up R2R, new to this forum been on Nano-reef.com for awhile and love them and love this forum as well.

Currently in VA with the Navy and missing my 40 Breeder dearly while deployed, thankfully have a kick butt wife who is taking amazing care of my reef system while I'm deployed. I keep a simple set up for now with a HOB ESHOPPS PSK-150 skimmer (no sump/fuge), Coral Compulsion CC-120p, couple power heads and I despise using chemicals in my reef tank, only do bi-weekly water changes for 2 years now using Red Sea Coral Pro salt and my corals have grown 10x's plus in size in that time.

Started out at a 20L and upgraded to the 40 Breeder when we relocated to VA, all of my corals were the size of my thumb nail roughly when I got them 2 years ago. Currently have Frogspawn 20+heads, HUGE mat of GSP, blue/purple mushrooms, Zoas, candy canes, purple torch, orange open brain I think it is and that's about it.....

Once home I plan on upgrading to the Deep Blue 80 Breeder and have gotten some great ideas and info from Rhino's beautiful build. But for now I love my 40 Breeder and here are some pics below of the tank.

Ok so oldest to newest I think is the order, no more Birdsnest, that thing overtook my tank.

Let me know what you guys think

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice I've been enjoying my 40 breeder more than any of my big tanks

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d40ff3e9fc822913e735fa2b94f918ce.jpg

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R hope you enjoy it here. Also want to thank you for your service God bless and stay safe. Your reef is nice we also are in the 40b group lol sweet little tanks. When you get home hopefully you do a build thread when you setup new system.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! Welcome to R2R

OP
OP
G

Gooburz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all, I love what I do in the Navy.

Welcome to R2R hope you enjoy it here. Also want to thank you for your service God bless and stay safe. Your reef is nice we also are in the 40b group lol sweet little tanks. When you get home hopefully you do a build thread when you setup new system.

Once I get home I will do a build thread for sure for the 80 Breeder, thankfully my pops (dad) will be there for my home coming and is bringing his chop saw and a few other things to help make the stand build go a lot smoother. Already found a LFS that carries the Deep Blue 80 Breeder rimless with build in overflow (same one that Rhino uses), or if it's not in stock they can get it within a week.

Equiptment for it I'm going to still use my light I have now the CC120p by coral compulsion and I still have 2 Full Spectrum PAR38's that I'll use to fill in the gaps until I can save up some money for either 2 Kessil A360we's or a Reef Breeders 48" fixture.

40 Breeder will become the sump/fuge, won't be doing any baffles and will make a egg crate basket for a large Chaeto grow out and some live rock. Skimmer will be a Bubble Mag Curve 5 and I have a 200 watt jager heater.

Flow: Between my 2 Hydor's they are cranking out around 700gph each I think and I have another one that is like 450gph plus the return pump will be 500gph I think that should be enough flow in the 80 gallon tank, just have to place the pumps in the right spots.

Anyone please feel free to chime in with suggestions for the 80 build and thanks for the support on my 40 Breeder.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R;) Thank you for your service.

OP
OP
G

Gooburz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the navy life I finally got out and can really enjoy my tank. If your ever in the ct area let me know

Yeah I can't wait to be home to finally enjoy it more. Thankfully this is the LAST deployment and then a nice long yard period and I'll be out shortly after that. It's kept me from getting a larger tank and from getting some SPS and clams. ONLY a few months left and I'm home for good, I'm sure you know but it's such a great feeling!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back