Newbie here...

GnarlySharli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all ! I've had a saltwater 29 gal biocube for some time now but always have questions because I'm learning as I go! Every time I kill off a creature, it saddens me but also perplexes me on why or how. So I figured I'd better sign up to get some advice when the time comes again.

I do NOT like cleaning it and unfortunately always put it off for longer than I should. I know, I know, that is NEVER a good idea but it's never my intentions. I'm still trying to get a hang of it and get my own groove going. I think once I get the cleanings down pat where they become 2nd nature, I'll have better success and will then add in more sea life.

Currently I have 2 Tank bred False Percula Clownfish, a Black Brittle Star, and a hermit crab or 2 left. I have some live sand and live dry rock. I did have other sea life in there but one by one, they died off. Actually, I believe my Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp or the Arrow Crab I had was aggressive and killed the 2 new fish I introduced at that time. Either way, they are all gone sadly. I'm a fish murderer but trying to reform myself and make up for it by trying to be a better caregiver to my fishies.

Thanks for listening!! I'm sure you'll see me around asking tons of BASIC questions about stuff I should already know. Haha

Sharli

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all ! I've had a saltwater 29 gal biocube for some time now but always have questions because I'm learning as I go! Every time I kill off a creature, it saddens me but also perplexes me on why or how. So I figured I'd better sign up to get some advice when the time comes again.

I do NOT like cleaning it and unfortunately always put it off for longer than I should. I know, I know, that is NEVER a good idea but it's never my intentions. I'm still trying to get a hang of it and get my own groove going. I think once I get the cleanings down pat where they become 2nd nature, I'll have better success and will then add in more sea life.

Currently I have 2 Tank bred False Percula Clownfish, a Black Brittle Star, and a hermit crab or 2 left. I have some live sand and live dry rock. I did have other sea life in there but one by one, they died off. Actually, I believe my Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp or the Arrow Crab I had was aggressive and killed the 2 new fish I introduced at that time. Either way, they are all gone sadly. I'm a fish murderer but trying to reform myself and make up for it by trying to be a better caregiver to my fishies.

Thanks for listening!! I'm sure you'll see me around asking tons of BASIC questions about stuff I should already know. Haha

Sharli
Welcome to R2R glad to have you! and here there are no dumb questions, you'll find a lot of very nice people that share your passion and will answer your questions even in the middle of the night..I've seen it, it's true!

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sharli
My impression is that you do not have the basics down...especially when you say that you have this many animals "left"...I strongly recommend that you do some reading...the book that I continually read and continually recommend is The Nano-Reef Handbook by Chris Brightwell...it is a wonderful, complete and readable book and it will certainly help you be successful and stop "killing off a creature"...`it goes from water parameters, to livestock , motile and sessile inverts...everything...Its available from Amazon in Kindle and paper form...we've all done what you are doing and it is the end of the hobby for many...please read this book a couple of times before you buy another creature or anything...:rolleyes:

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome2.jpg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. A lot of great resources here at your disposal.

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My impression is that you do not have the basics down...especially when you say that you have this many animals "left"...I strongly recommend that you do some reading...the book that I continually read and continually recommend is The Nano-Reef Handbook by Chris Brightwell...it is a wonderful, complete and readable book and it will certainly help you be successful and stop "killing off a creature"...`it goes from water parameters, to livestock , motile and sessile inverts...everything...Its available from Amazon in Kindle and paper form...we've all done what you are doing and it is the end of the hobby for many...please read this book a couple of times before you buy another creature or anything...:rolleyes:

Sharli
Been a while since hearing from you...how's it going?...get any books?...hope things are sailing along...:)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 139 60.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 82 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.4%
Back