Newbie..with a question

kjack120

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the hobby and just wondering is it wort it to purchase another gold head sleeper goby?
I purchased the goby on Friday and today it died....

How did he die?

Apparently one of my crabs decided he wanted an expensive meal today. He decided to snatch my poor goby and went to the top of the rock and showcase his victory by waving him and letting everyone know that he is the "king of the tank"..my mom tried to saved him with a spatula but it was too late...

Is it worth getting another one?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the hobby and just wondering is it wort it to purchase another gold head sleeper goby?
I purchased the goby on Friday and today it died....

How did he die?

Apparently one of my crabs decided he wanted an expensive meal today. He decided to snatch my poor goby and went to the top of the rock and showcase his victory by waving him and letting everyone know that he is the "king of the tank"..my mom tried to saved him with a spatula but it was too late...

Is it worth getting another one?
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Second of all it's rare for a crab to kill a fish like that the much more likely scenario is that the fish died and the crab did its job (clean up the carcass). Test water parameters and if safe try again! :)

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a big mithrax crab...banish him to the sump, he will do it again (or at least try lol)

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Second of all it's rare for a crab to kill a fish like that the much more likely scenario is that the fish died and the crab did its job (clean up the carcass). Test water parameters and if safe try again! :)

I agree with this. I'm sorry for the loss of your goby though :(

OP
OP
kjack120

kjack120

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks I tested the water readings are great..I saw the goby swimming an hour before he was being eating that's why my mom tried to save him with the spatula he was still hanging on not sure he would have made it if she saved him.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I tested the water readings are great..I saw the goby swimming an hour before he was being eating that's why my mom tried to save him with the spatula he was still hanging on not sure he would have made it if she saved him.
I'm guessing the goby was on its last leg, anyway. Good luck on the second! :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back