vasos Papageorgiou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
Great to be here.
Ive been a tropical fishkeeper now for a long time, ive now had a marine tank for about a year now its an open top 220 litres roughly, ive got some yellow tail damsels a yellow tang a clarkii and a firefish and a clean up crew and i hsve 11 corals, ive realised that keeping corals eats the tank of calcium kh and mag and im sure from what ive read that once i master the art of dosing these 3 vitals my corals will do better than they already are but i find the mathematics involved extremely difficult and wonder if someone can help me with it i keep a dedicated record log of all my params ill also be sending a photo of an anemone that i cant seem to identify.
Thanks and i look forward to your response.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, and to the community. Looking forward to see some pictures of your system:)

OP
OP
V

vasos Papageorgiou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170314_190307.jpg
20170314_190159.jpg
20170314_185716.jpg
20170311_190933.jpg
20170314_185423.jpg

OP
OP
V

vasos Papageorgiou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These r the picturez of my sump and tank can anyone identify the anemone mt clarkii is so in love with it and if anyone notices anythjng wrong dont be shy tell me im here to learn.

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
Great to be here.
Ive been a tropical fishkeeper now for a long time, ive now had a marine tank for about a year now its an open top 220 litres roughly, ive got some yellow tail damsels a yellow tang a clarkii and a firefish and a clean up crew and i hsve 11 corals, ive realised that keeping corals eats the tank of calcium kh and mag and im sure from what ive read that once i master the art of dosing these 3 vitals my corals will do better than they already are but i find the mathematics involved extremely difficult and wonder if someone can help me with it i keep a dedicated record log of all my params ill also be sending a photo of an anemone that i cant seem to identify.
Thanks and i look forward to your response.

Hi vasos Papageorgiou,

Welcome to the forum!
Nice selection :)
What future plans do you have for the tank?

Zhenya

OP
OP
V

vasos Papageorgiou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi zhenya.
Well no more fish, coz the corals fascinate me so much and i recently sold my 8 foot malawi tank, but really miss it, so the future is to get a bigger tank but ive got some learning to do before i upgrade i want to be simplistic like have 3 live rock colonies with some montis growing upwards aswell as the corals i have now i just love the look

OP
OP
V

vasos Papageorgiou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So does anyone notice anything wrong and can anyone identify that anemone and dosing ill pop my parameters up that i took yesterday and see if anyone can help me with dosing
Thanks in advance.
Ammo 0
Nitrite 0
Ph 8
Nitrate 5 ppm
Kh 9.9
Phos 0.03
Mag 1260
Calcium 470
Sg 1.024
Thankyou.

PJS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks good there but I would suggest getting your Salinity up to .026 (healthier for the corals) , raising it by only a point an hour, faster than that is stressful to the fish.
As far as dosing goes I'm not very educated in that department as my setup so far hasn't needed much dosing other than the replenishment of the big 3 with water changes. I'm sure someone in #reefsquad can assist you.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Back