No Disease ... Yet ... But Concerned With New Quoyi Parrotfish

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry, Bruce. :( He's probably getting weak from not eating. Or possibly the copper is messing with him.

I would transfer him into a 5 gallon bucket with no copper just to see if he perks up.

OP
OP
Maritimer

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
_Had_ to come home for lunchtime to check on the Quoy's ... and, he's gone.

Rats.

Not quite razor thin, but certainly not robust. Slimier than any eel I can remember touching - these guys can grow one heck of a mucus coat! The princess parrot is peering at me from one of his favorite PVC fittings, a sink-trap, and the QT is suddenly cloudy and kind of yellowish - wouldn't be surprised if there's a bacterial bloom in there, what with all the food he didn't eat, and that I couldn't siphon from all the corners, and that weekly waterchanges must not have been enough to ameliorate.

I'd love, someday, to purchase a species of fish _one_time_, and have it reach my DT with no incident - rather than lose my first one to ich/velvet/jumping (subset; hot dish-water/getting eaten by a dog)/bacterial infection/mystery anorexia/my own newbie errors with medications/fill-in-the-blank . . .

To each and every one of you who's been reading this thread, offering help, or just silently hoping . . . my most sincere thanks.

~Bruce, who's got plenty of RO/DI made up, and will be running a waterchange on that QT this evening

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear it Bruce that sucks. You did everything you could in my eyes but I know it stings keep your head up!

I hope the princess parrot and others are doing well good luck.

OP
OP
Maritimer

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, everyone - especially (as so very often!!) Humblefish and Melypr1985, for all your assistance to someone you've never met.

Breakthecycle2, I just might (need a strikethrough format here, to replace "might" with "would absolutely"...) be interested. I _will_ try again, because I'm stubborn and stupid that way. (Not with everything, but with reefing, it seems . . . ) I like the princess parrot, but fell in love with the Quoy's - and so does a reef tank take an unexpected turn on the path to completion . . .

I'm puzzled by the fact that the parrotfish was floating so buoyantly _before_ death, and wouldn't wonder if he had some sort of internal damage that made him an "invisible lost cause" before he ever came here.

Saltwater is mixed. Going to run through my "alerts", and complete a major water-change.

~Bruce

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, everyone - especially (as so very often!!) Humblefish and Melypr1985, for all your assistance to someone you've never met.

Breakthecycle2, I just might (need a strikethrough format here, to replace "might" with "would absolutely"...) be interested. I _will_ try again, because I'm stubborn and stupid that way. (Not with everything, but with reefing, it seems . . . ) I like the princess parrot, but fell in love with the Quoy's - and so does a reef tank take an unexpected turn on the path to completion . . .

I'm puzzled by the fact that the parrotfish was floating so buoyantly _before_ death, and wouldn't wonder if he had some sort of internal damage that made him an "invisible lost cause" before he ever came here.

Saltwater is mixed. Going to run through my "alerts", and complete a major water-change.

~Bruce

Im not sure which one I would sell yet though. I like the smaller one because it's the same as my "female" but the big one's color's are remarkable.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bruce, just something to think about: You're not going to win every battle when you QT. But if you are patient and long-suffering, YOU WILL WIN THE WAR.
This is the absolute truth

OP
OP
Maritimer

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure which one I would sell yet though. I like the smaller one because it's the same as my "female" but the big one's color's are remarkable.

You've got all the time in the world to make a decision like that - or to keep all three, and I wouldn't blame you!

Over this last page, I've seen the same thing in this forum as @4FordFamily too recently has - the genuine goodness of the people who make Reef2Reef the finest place there is to share our joys and triumphs as well as our trials and tragedies.

~Bruce

Bradley Crocker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got all the time in the world to make a decision like that - or to keep all three, and I wouldn't blame you!

Over this last page, I've seen the same thing in this forum as @4FordFamily too recently has - the genuine goodness of the people who make Reef2Reef the finest place there is to share our joys and triumphs as well as our trials and tragedies.

~Bruce
Well said, sir!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back