No more aiptasia anemone!!! Thanks guys

johnny4491

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48b7bcb502799812efd47d3b3fdff862.jpg

Put in a peppermint shrimp last night and today I got home from work and it was all gone !! Thanks for the advice guys

OP
OP
johnny4491

johnny4491

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky. I put in 4 peppermint shrimp in my tank and didn't touch a single one.
That's what I was scared of cause I only got one cuz I have a 6 gal tank but that one did the job lol

Ahruk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad that worked out for you Johnny. I'm always a fan of trying the natural method before going the chemical warefare route (although sometimes it does become necessary). But I've got to say I've had amazing luck running my tank the natural way (I need a bumper sticker that reads "I love my clean up crew -Thanks snails, crabs and shrimp for rocking my world"). Sorry Adam that it didn't work out for you. Unfortunately some lfs sell camel shrimp as peppermint shrimp and I guess some just don't like the taste of aptasia (I wonder if it has to do with where they're harvested).

OP
OP
johnny4491

johnny4491

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad that worked out for you Johnny. I'm always a fan of trying the natural method before going the chemical warefare route (although sometimes it does become necessary). But I've got to say I've had amazing luck running my tank the natural way (I need a bumper sticker that reads "I love my clean up crew -Thanks snails, crabs and shrimp for rocking my world"). Sorry Adam that it didn't work out for you. Unfortunately some lfs sell camel shrimp as peppermint shrimp and I guess some just don't like the taste of aptasia (I wonder if it has to do with where they're harvested).
Yeah I was a bit nervous at first I was thinking of getting 3 but again I only have a 6 gal so I got lucky with the one I got lol but is a peppermint shrimp reef safe because I'm going to be adding coral pretty soon

Ahruk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, they're reef safe but they will walk all over your coral and steal their food. I personally really like shrimp (I have a skunk cleaner shrimp) and totally think they're worth it. They'll basically irritate coral but 99% the coral will be fine. Occassionally they will go rogue but if you keep them well feed they should make for an interesting and friendly new inhabitant for your tank. But if you decide you don't want to keep him you can always bring him back to the fish store or pass him on to another local reefer with an aptasia problem. (I personally think that being a member of a good local reef club is perhaps one of the cheapest and best investments you can make in your tank)

OP
OP
johnny4491

johnny4491

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, they're reef safe but they will walk all over your coral and steal their food. I personally really like shrimp (I have a skunk cleaner shrimp) and totally think they're worth it. They'll basically irritate coral but 99% the coral will be fine. Occassionally they will go rogue but if you keep them well feed they should make for an interesting and friendly new inhabitant for your tank. But if you decide you don't want to keep him you can always bring him back to the fish store or pass him on to another local reefer with an aptasia problem. (I personally think that being a member of a good local reef club is perhaps one of the cheapest and best investments you can make in your tank)
Yeah that's true I totally agree with u and thanks for the help again

Ahruk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome but I think PETA might be more then a little angry if Johnny tried to put a copperband in 6 gallon tank xD Those are some gorgeous fish though, were you able to keep him afterwards or did he nip at your coral?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back