Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never imagined I would post anything here other than to offer words of support and to send prayers to others in need. However, in this moment, I am very grateful for this outlet as my heart is extremely heavy right now. Today, I learned that my step brother took his own life by shooting himself. It's an unimaginable and horrific tragedy that needless to say, is ripping my heart to pieces. Please do not pass judgement here. Instead, I ask those of you willing, to simply offer prayers of love and peace for my family. Life is so fragile. We need to love one another in every moment.

James Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never imagined I would post anything here other than to offer words of support and to send prayers to others in need. However, in this moment, I am very grateful for this outlet as my heart is extremely heavy right now. Today, I learned that my step brother took his own life by shooting himself. It's an unimaginable and horrific tragedy that needless to say, is ripping my heart to pieces. Please do not pass judgement here. Instead, I ask those of you willing, to simply offer prayers of love and peace for my family. Life is so fragile. We need to love one another in every moment.

@Mike_J I am so sorry for your loss. Words really do fail at a time like this. Having walked this path with others in the past let me encourage you and family to focus on the way your step brother lived and loved and not to focus on the way he passed. The downside of an internet forum is that we can't reach out across the screen and comfort one another. I'll be praying for you and your family asking the Lord for comfort, for joy in remembering the great times, and for a hope that can only come from God. Revelation 21:4

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Wow. No words except I am sorry and will be praying for you all. :(

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Mike_J, man I am so sorry to read this. I stopped and prayed for you and your family before responding to this post, and I absolutely will continue to pray for you all. I am praying that God will comfort you all and help you to experience his love, grace, and peace during this dark time. Know that we as your community of friends love you and are here for you.

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the kind words and prayers. It means the world right now.

If he was a believer then he is away from the struggle. I know I've wanted to kill myself for a few years. I was never able to due it because my faith. Now I think I can because I realized in a weird way Jesus did too... He had the power to lay his life down. He gave His own life up.

If Bible verses help then here is one,

“The righteous perishes,
And no man takes it to heart;
Merciful men are taken away,
While no one considers
That the righteous is taken away from evil.
He shall enter into peace;
They shall rest in their beds,
Each one walking in his uprightness.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭57:1-2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Again.. sorry if this is not helpful.. but my dad and grandma each should've died. They were spared from death because they prayed it. (My grandma had an out of body experience while she was sleeping. Said she left her body and when she entered it again it was cold. and my dad had a v tack. I forgot it was like a 98% chance of death and he had more had more than one). But what happened in each of their lives is it got a lot harder after they skipped death. I literally believe God tried to take them home earlier so they wouldn't have needed to face their next major trial. However they prayed to stay. In my grandmas case she had some mental break downs and half way went crazy until the last day on earth in which she was calm. She asked to stay until she could see her daughter through college and at the end of her last check for the school payment she had blood clot in her brain that day and passed.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could use a few (or a lot of) prayers for my daughter...

Since the birth of my granddaughter, now approaching seven years ago, my daughter has been pregnant five times. Three of those pregnancies ended in miscarriages, two of her children, (Zoey and Kingston) were stillborn. Yesterday, having done considerable research into her body's functioning, having engaged the services of an Obstetrician who specializes in high-risk pregnancies, having discovered some anomalies in her genetic makeup - and ways to work within the framework so imposed - she announced that she's pregnant again.

One final attempt.

A little girl.

I'd appreciate all prayers and positive energies that we don't have to say good-bye to another child we haven't yet had the chance to say hello to . . .

~Bruce

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Since the birth of my granddaughter, now approaching seven years ago, my daughter has been pregnant five times. Three of those pregnancies ended in miscarriages, two of her children, (Zoey and Kingston) were stillborn. Yesterday, having done considerable research into her body's functioning, having engaged the services of an Obstetrician who specializes in high-risk pregnancies, having discovered some anomalies in her genetic makeup - and ways to work within the framework so imposed - she announced that she's pregnant again.

One final attempt.

A little girl.

I'd appreciate all prayers and positive energies that we don't have to say good-bye to another child we haven't yet had the chance to say hello to . . .

~Bruce
My wife and I have been through 2 miscarriages ourselves prior to our 2 children being born, and I know from experience how difficult and painful that can be. I will be praying for your daughter and the little one in her womb.

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

One final attempt.

A little girl.

~Bruce

Bruce, I will keep her, her family and all of you in my daily prayers. Please know I am thinking of all of you.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My four year old Grand Daughter, Greta has a rare disease, she is not growing and may need a feeding tube. She just woke up from an endoscopy and I am sick over it. To look at her, she seems fine. No symptoms, she's happy and healthy looking. Beautiful little girl.
We are sick over it.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My four year old Grand Daughter, Greta has a rare disease, she is not growing and may need a feeding tube. She just woke up from an endoscopy and I am sick over it. To look at her, she seems fine. No symptoms, she's happy and healthy looking. Beautiful little girl.
We are sick over it.
Praying for her right now, Paul. It's so hard to see little ones going through stuff like this. :(

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are sick over it.

I will pray for Greta and your entire family. Love and peace be with you.

traylor23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ask for my family to be lifted in prayer. I have an end stage terminally ill grandfather, whom I'm not sure has accepted Christ, and is now no longer capable of making such a decision at the conscious level. Various other family squabbling has made this difficult. I'd ask for prayers for my grandfather's soul, peace/understanding and common ground in the aftermath of what's coming. I find it fantastic that this outlet exists. Thank you!

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ask for my family to be lifted in prayer. I have an end stage terminally ill grandfather, whom I'm not sure has accepted Christ, and is now no longer capable of making such a decision at the conscious level. Various other family squabbling has made this difficult. I'd ask for prayers for my grandfather's soul, peace/understanding and common ground in the aftermath of what's coming. I find it fantastic that this outlet exists. Thank you!
May God embrace your grandfather. Peace and love to you and your family especially during this difficult time and always.

James Jordan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of prayers this morning. Thanks to each of you for allowing us to intercede on your behalf.

@Maritimer - I just prayed and will continue to be praying for your daughter and this precious little girl. I'm thankful that even in the womb right now the Lord knows that little girl, created her, and has a plan for her life. Whatever that plan may be, she is a miracle and a gift.

@Paul B - I just prayed for Greta. She's adorable and looks to be incredibly full of love. I'll continue to pray and ask the Lord to heal her little body and this would just be a small step in her long life journey. I will also pray that this rare disease is kept dormant or completely removed by the One who created life and can perform the miraculous for His glory.

@traylor23 - I prayed for your grandfather and your family. I pray he has accepted Christ and that he will soon be with Him. I don't know the situation your grandfather is in but I would say don't give up on having others pray for him and pray over him even in his unconscious state. I frequently tell people as a pastor that we don't know what is going on with others as they lay in a hospital bed. Often they hear and process even if they can't respond. My dad lived a number of days unresponsive in the hospital bed until one night I had a long conversation with him, told him I would take care of his bride/my mom, and told him he had fought hard and it was time to go home to Jesus. Within a matter of a few minutes he was gone. Continue to speak to him and share with him the Good News of the Gospel. He may be laying in a hospital bed but he's laying on the front door to eternity.