OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going on 15 years I've had "Cullpepper" my Purple Tang (he was in my first 150 gallon reef) now he's in Our 400 gallon natural sunlit reef. He was named after Daunte Culpepper who played quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings.

Am I the only one naming fish?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Going on 15 years I've had "Cullpepper" my Purple Tang (he was in my first 150 gallon reef) now he's in Our 400 gallon natural sunlit reef. He was named after Daunte Culpepper who played quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings.

WOW man 15yrs? Awesome!

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I have a bit of an update it’s actually pretty cool. I was recently up on the roof completing my quarterly cleaning - maintenance and inspection of the Sun-Domes and I noticed a bit of cloudiness starting that the regular cleaning wouldn’t remove. So I gave Sun-Dome a call I explained the issue I was having and they told me they would have the owner give me a call, and that he was out of town and it would probably be a few days before he would get back to me. Well about a half-hour later he called, I told him what was happening, how their light collection system was being used and told him a bit about my tank. As I was talking, he Googled my tank and started watching my videos and asking questions, he was impressed with the idea, concept and design of my system. He began telling me about the Sun-Dome lens development, design and injection process and how I could remove the cloudiness from my existing domes. As we were talking he mentioned a new lens he’s working on called ‘Zenith’ the material used in the development will allow a higher wavelength of light, higher Kelvin and UV. It will help grow a healthier habitat for my sea life and coral. I asked him how soon until they would be ready for sale, he said about six months or so. He then told me he would be willing to get me some prototypes for testing and comparison of the original domes. And would I be willing to try them out.

Um, Yes!

Well a few weeks passed and I kinda forgot about the domes, well yesterday the owner called me, told me he’s been out of town and sorry for the delay. Informed me he has my domes and asked for my address. I figured he would just send them to me; no, he hand delivered the new Sun-Domes!

Looking forward to getting them installed!

sundome.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed the new domes today, and immediately noticed a change in color these domes appear to produce a much crisper intense white light in the 8,000k-10,000k kelvin scale the other domes had a bit more yellow tone 5,000k-7,000k kelvin. Looking good so far. I'll be watching, will report more soon.

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I have a bit of an update it’s actually pretty cool. I was recently up on the roof completing my quarterly cleaning - maintenance and inspection of the Sun-Domes and I noticed a bit of cloudiness starting that the regular cleaning wouldn’t remove. So I gave Sun-Dome a call I explained the issue I was having and they told me they would have the owner give me a call, and that he was out of town and it would probably be a few days before he would get back to me. Well about a half-hour later he called, I told him what was happening, how their light collection system was being used and told him a bit about my tank. As I was talking, he Googled my tank and started watching my videos and asking questions, he was impressed with the idea, concept and design of my system. He began telling me about the Sun-Dome lens development, design and injection process and how I could remove the cloudiness from my existing domes. As we were talking he mentioned a new lens he’s working on called ‘Zenith’ the material used in the development will allow a higher wavelength of light, higher Kelvin and UV. It will help grow a healthier habitat for my sea life and coral. I asked him how soon until they would be ready for sale, he said about six months or so. He then told me he would be willing to get me some prototypes for testing and comparison of the original domes. And would I be willing to try them out.

Um, Yes!

Well a few weeks passed and I kinda forgot about the domes, well yesterday the owner called me, told me he’s been out of town and sorry for the delay. Informed me he has my domes and asked for my address. I figured he would just send them to me; no, he hand delivered the new Sun-Domes!

Looking forward to getting them installed!

sundome.jpg

Nice! I have been looking for sky lights for home and aquarium. Are they based out of New Port Richey?

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice picture update - corals and fish look healthy and happy! :D

Roy 9121

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I name all fish. I have Nemon, Frankie, Lucifer, Magic, Wimpy.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back