Photography Cheat Sheet

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see people asking often what settings to use when using a DSLR for reef photography. I came across a cheat sheet that I think many of you will benefit from looking at, printing off, and keeping near your camera. The only way to get better at something is to do is often. Go out everyday and take photos. It doesn't matter if it's a boring piece of trash on the side of the road. It doesn't matter if it's the most amazing thing ever to be photographed, just take photos. Learn your camera, learn your lens, and most of all, have fun with it.

Cheat-Sheet-v1.jpg

OP
OP
MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I can still use a cheat sheet

I have in the past. I have this inability to remember aperture. The smaller the number, the bigger amount of light gets in...it just runs the opposite of how I think.

Thanks! I will use it, but my wife absolutely needs this.
You are very welcome! I hope you both benefit from it greatly. We can't get better if we don't push ourselves.

Thanks for posting. :D
You are very welcome!

Cool stuff. Now I only need a DSLR camera. Maybe that should be the next R2R giveaway.

Wouldn't that be a treat!? revhtree, an idea for a future giveaway...
[h=1][/h]

mc-cro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you! I only get my camera out maybe once month if I am lucky, and I can never remember the basics

OP
OP
MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

KayKel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an awesome cheat sheet, I wish I had this when taking a photography class at the local junior college . . .

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now if i can only get help taking videos with my new cannon t3i. When i go to movie mode it takes a bad picture and doesn't record! I wonder if i have a bad sd card/camera or just user error?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for sharing this!

OP
OP
MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing this!
No problem!
Now if i can only get help taking videos with my new cannon t3i. When i go to movie mode it takes a bad picture and doesn't record! I wonder if i have a bad sd card/camera or just user error?
I'm not familiar with video on DSLRs, I despise them to honest. I know that you can control some of the aspects of video, I just don't know to what extent. So I'm going to say it's user error. :bigsmile:

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem!

I'm not familiar with video on DSLRs, I despise them to honest. I know that you can control some of the aspects of video, I just don't know to what extent. So I'm going to say it's user error. :bigsmile:

I am actually tech savvy but i cant get this to work lol. I have read if you have a wrong format or faulty sd then it wont work. Anyone else have possible reasoning for this error?

elitegc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome cheat sheet… anyone have a cheat sheet for taking pictures under blue LED's… my pictures look purple… maybe some photoshop tips… I would love my pictures to show the same blue I see with me eyes...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back