Picky Kole Tang

TD13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have a 28 gallon JBJ Nano, all my parameters are stable and within normal range. I have 2 false perc clowns, a Leopard Wrasse and a Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse and a twin spot goby. I got my Tang about a week ago and it picks at the rocks but doesn't really eat anything else. I alternate between Hikari Mysis and Spirulina Brine Shrimp. I have tried Julian Sprung's "Sea Veggies" sheets on a clip and now I soak them and break them up and add it to the tank. I have not really seen the fish eat anything significant and it is losing color. Anyone familiar with this fish that could lend advise would be greatly appreciated!!!

IMG_6771_zpsdqurlubd.jpg

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the above. It is likely an internal parasite, but looks pretty far gone.

Even though Ctenochaetus are smaller tangs, 28g is pretty small.

OP
OP
TD13

TD13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't soak anything in garlic, unless it's in the Hikari or the Sprung's Algae, it doesn't go into my tank. Do you think there's any turning it around?! Everything else in the system seems healthy and hungry. Also, I run a 3W UV sterilizer at night, wouldn't that help get any parasites creeping around in my tank?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I run a 3W UV sterilizer at night, wouldn't that help get any parasites creeping around in my tank?
UV strerilizers can help, but the parasite has to pass through and be exposed for a long enough time. 3w isn't very powerful, so exposure time would need to be significant, and it doesn't do anything if the parasites stay on or in the fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back