profilux 4 and ecotech marine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReeferNoob77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purchased the profilux 4 and am looking to get some return pumps for my tank. I would like to be able to control them with the profilux and was looking at the Echotech Marine Vectra L1, I have a 300g and am looking to get the 10x turn over rate. According to the descriptions I have found they don't seem to have the 10v connection, is there some other way I would be able to integrate them or should I look at a different pump?

Thanks

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct, the Vectra's have no way to accept an input signal. I run a Royal Exclusiv RD3 pump.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I where going to use any Aqurium computer I would not even think of using an EcoTech vectra. Ecotech doesn't want anyone using a vectra without their controller. It's a sore point for any hobbyist looking at the vectra. All the a controller could do is turn the power to the pump controller on/off.

OP
OP
ReeferNoob77

ReeferNoob77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your input. Is the price point worth it for the red dragons? seems really expensive in comparison with the echotech for a GPH.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a 300+ gallon tank.. No doubt !

857_3.jpg

mquinn1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would buy a jebao before I bought an L1. I bought 2 L1 and a jebao at the same time the have all been running a year one of the L1 just bit the dust a week out of warranty and I had to buy a separate controller

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my case is totally opposite I bought at the same time a Jebao DC 12000 and a Vectra L1, January 16 2015 i set them up, Vectra its been running flawless no problem at all, the Jecod Jebao on June 26 2015 stopped working, did a deep maintenance and nothing, called the seller and was more expensive send the pump to China to get the "warranty" then buy a new one!!!
Always in this hobby cheap stuff at the end teaches you to buy good stuff with good customer care and warranty instead of throwing ur money in temporary stuff.
Ecotech service and quality is Awesome!!!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if you had an Ecotech and Red Dragon and a Jebao together you could easily see and feel the difference in the pumps.

OP
OP
ReeferNoob77

ReeferNoob77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all I appreciate the feedback. I agree good customer service is a necessity. I have heard plenty of bad reviews on the jebao think they are hit or miss. I don't hear too many about ecotech and never anything bad about royal exclusiv. Think I will end up going with the red dragon so that I can connect it to the profilux.

Next question is does the red dragon ever go on sale? Thanks

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the Ecotech M1 and i can only turn it up to about 80% before I have a hurricane in my 120 display.. L1 OR M1 are my two favorite return pumps on the market..

IMG_2742.JPG

OP
OP
ReeferNoob77

ReeferNoob77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was thinking of going with the 150. I can put a manifold on it to add a gfo and carbon reactor option on it, which will allow me to remove all the other pumps from my sump.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using eco smart live for the radions and vortech anyway, so adding the L1 to that is no big deal so I don't have a need for my Profilux to control the vectra.
If the Vectra was the only piece of Ecotech equipment on the tank I could see that being an issue.

OP
OP
ReeferNoob77

ReeferNoob77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the Vectra would be my only piece of Ecotech equipment would prefer not have another controller to deal with.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Red Dragon pumps where on sale last summer for the 30th anniversary of Royal Exclusiv. [emoji3]

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all I appreciate the feedback. I agree good customer service is a necessity. I have heard plenty of bad reviews on the jebao think they are hit or miss. I don't hear too many about ecotech and never anything bad about royal exclusiv. Think I will end up going with the red dragon so that I can connect it to the profilux.

Next question is does the red dragon ever go on sale? Thanks

I got mine at MACNA 2015 where they do a trade show discount. It's worth every penny to me.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back