View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
APEX JR GIVEAWAY.jpg

R2R/Neptune APEX JR. & MPR Giveaway!
Sponsored by NeptuneSystems.com and REEF2REEF.com

How to Enter:
1. Create a post in this thread telling what you like about the APEX controller.
2. LIKE the Neptune Systems FB Page Here.
3. Create a Tank Thread about your aquarium in the Members Aquarium Forum. If you already have a tank thread then you must update it. After creating or updating you must post a link to your thread here in this thread.

BONUS ENTRY: Take a photo of any Neptune Systems product that you own and post it in a separate post within this thread.

Note: Please create a separate post for each entry.

Drawing:
On December 10th we will pick one winner by random draw from this thread!

The Prize: Valued at $
300 Shipped

(1) Neptune Systems AquaController Apex Jr w/ Display & Temperature Probe
Apex Jr System

• The Apex Jr System delivers a professional quality controller at hobbyist prices.
Built-in Ethernet
  • Integrated Ethernet port
  • Most advanced web server available
  • Interactive graphing application in the web server
  • Interfaces with AquaNotes iPhone application
  • Compatible with all Major web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari)
  • Only aquarium controller with web server monitoring, control, and configuration
  • Compatible with wireless bridges or game adapters (802.11x) so that wireless network communication is possible
  • Email or text message alarms
  • Email alarms or audible alarms when Energy Bar power fails
  • RSS and XML Support
Very simple menu driven configuration
  • Menus to easily setup pumps, lights, heater, chiller, co2, etc
  • No programming required for configuration
  • Outlets can be renamed for easier use
  • Can be configured through LCD Display or a standard web browser
  • An enhanced AquaController programming language is available for total control
  • Sophisticated non standard control available
  • Virtual Outlets allow even more complex control options
Monitor/Control - Temp

The base unit includes software which is capable of monitoring temperature. The monitored data can be displayed on the LCD display, the Apex`s web page, or through the AquaNotes iphone application. All monitored probes data is logged into the internal nonvolatile memory for later retrieval. All probes support digital calibration.

Integrated 4 Outlet Control

The base unit includes 4 independently controllable outlets. Each of the 4 outlets is rated for a total 8 amps and the total current draw must be less than 15 Amps. All 4 outlets use relays to control the power to the outlets.

Galvanic isolation on probes

Galvanic isolation on the probes results much more reliable and accurate probe readings. While these features increase costs we feel that probe accuracy is absolutely critical for monitoring/controlling your tank, unlike many competing aquarium controllers.

State of the Art Electronics Integration

• Only 32 bit processor on an Aquarium controller
  • Over 16 times more code space & 5X faster than competitive controllers, which guarantees future expandability.
  • Over 8 times data storage memory than the competition
  • 1 year’s worth of data logs can be stored internally
New Enhanced Control Functionality
  • Day of Week functionality
  • Sub minute control added on EnergyBar controlled devices
  • Default outlet state for all EnergyBar outlets
  • Second resolution control
Sunrise and Sunset Simulation

The Apex has a special control function which can be used to simulate the varying lengths of days throughout the year. This feature is used to make the length of daylight hours longer in the summer than in the winter. This results in a more realistic simulation of natural lighting variations.

Moon Cycle Simulation

The Apex has another special control function which can be used to simulate the moon cycle in your tank. The lunar simulator is used for this feature and is capable of varying the intensity of light emitted from its LEDs. The intensity variations are controlled by the Apex which is preprogrammed with correct intensity values for each day of the moon cycle. The Apex automatically updates the intensity value depending upon the current setting of the Apex`s clock. With this artificial moon cycle, it is possible to induce corals and fish to spawn.

WaveMaker

Each pump to be controlled can have an user configured period in which both the on and off times are fully programmable and can range from 1 second to 999 minutes. A variable length feed timer cycle can be initiated with the press of a button and will disable some or all of the pumps in the system (programmed by the user).

Modular Expansion through AquaBus
  • High reliability protocol with robust error correction
  • Plug and Play – AquaBus modules are automatically recognized and configured
  • Cable lengths over 200 feet
  • Expandable to 7 AquaBus modules (1 Apex Display and 4 other AquaBus modules)
  • Add optional probe modules to monitor additional probes
  • Add additional EnergyBars to control more outlets
  • All AquaBus modules allow for easy firmware updates
  • Probe modules available for additional Temperature, pH, ORP, Conductivity/Salinity, and dissolved oxygen probes
  • Module firmware updates done through AquaBus. No need to disassemble controller, and individually update modules
AquaBus Features
  • Two AquaBus connectors for easy expansion, and flexible cabling options
  • Plug and Plug bus allows for modular expansion.
Updateable Firmware
  • Firmware updates via Ethernet
  • Flash memory so new features can be easily added
  • All AquaBus modules allow for easy firmware updates
  • No need to unplug/rewire devices to perform the firmware update (unlike the competition)
Compact Size

• 7.5" x 3.75" x 1.80"
AquaDisplay Features
  • Sleek and Stylish case
  • 7 mechanical buttons for speedy and flexible user interface
  • 128 x 64 Graphical Backlight display
  • Displays datalog graphs
  • 4 Highly customizable status displays
  • Placement of probe names and icons can be selected by user
  • Can scroll manually scroll between different status screens or automatically scroll through them
  • User adjustable contrast and backlight settings
  • Backlight can be dimmed at night.
  • User selectable tones/songs for different warning/error types
  • Compact size 3.40" x 4.05" x 0.65"
  • Mounting holes for easy attachment to wall/stand
Neptune-Systems-AquaController-Apex-Jr-w-Display-Temperature-Probe-1.jpg

(1) Neptune Systems Magnetic Probe Rack (MPR)

The newly announced MPR - Magnetic Probe Rack is the perfect product for anyone with an existing Apex or those just now picking one up. The MPR has four locations for probes so customers can rig up their pH, ORP, salinity, and temperature probes. And, it is the only probe holder on the market that has a hole large enough to accept the Apex temperature probe from the top.

The magnets are incredibly strong and will easily hold the MPR to the side of thickest of sumps (up to at least 1/2"). It is stylishly designed and priced on par with other probe holders on the market

Manufacturer Info

Neptune Systems Aquarium Supplies
Neptune Systems is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of aquarium controllers. The company was founded in 1995 for the purpose of developing affordable water quality monitoring and control instrumentation. Their engineering team has extensive expertise in computer hardware and software system design as well as a background in water quality analysis. Neptune Systems uses these finely-honed engineering skills to develop innovative monitoring and control solutions for use in reef and fresh water aquariums, aquaculture tanks, hydroponics systems and general laboratory use. Neptune Systems is best known for their AquaController line. The company is known for their innovation and customer centricity.
Neptune-Systems-Magnetic-Probe-Rack-(MPR)-98 (2).jpg

Thanks again to NeptuneSystems.com!

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG I sooo would love this. I love the fact of all the controllable items that can be connected to it to help get everything in sync. Also I need a vacation but am constantly worried about not being able to at least monitor and turn stuff on/off while away.

Last edited:

james30ct

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the fact that I could link it to my phone and check on the tank from work.

liked the fb page

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the feature of keeping track of my parameters. It also allows me to tack and set up fail safes on the tank when I travel. Only draw back is they haven't figured out how to replace broken equipment. Just kidding on the last one. I did have a pump fail but apex warned me my telling me my sump was fuller than normal. Called a buddy and had him swap replacement in. This is actually one pice that my tank is missing.

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Nothing beats Apex Fusion. Right now, that's the truth!

Last edited:

cryotek74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex is just like the PLC.DCS systems we use on our chemical plants. super easy GUI to make programming a breeze. Adding network abilities to the Apex system was the best upgrade. Would definitely be awesome for my 125gal mixed reef.

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being able to monitor the tank by phone would probably be the main reason I like the neptune apex products. Friends have been pushing me to get one I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Mschoolman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I really hate having to monitor stuff and this would solve my problems. Their company is basically the apple of controllers so I'm really looking forward to this

Myka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) I'll be buying an Apex Jr soon, if I win this that would be great! I choose Apex because it's user friendly, and is the ultimate in redundancy. There is a long line of good reviews, and Neptune is always advancing. With an Apex I would be able to monitor my tank remotely when I am away and view the automatically logged data. Really, why not Apex?

2) Done.

3) https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/mykas-69-sps-tank-2015.208421

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back