Reefkeeper Elite and Lite E-mail notification issues

sluicebox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyone that can help me with E-mail notification issues I am having with both my RKE and RKL. I can see both units remotely but I can't get either to send me e-mail notifications. I have a gmx account and have everything set up like they show in their documentation. Anyone have a successful setup and willing to coach me some? I get an error 32768 when I test the e-mail from my RKE.

thejoshdavis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you're not using port 25 if you're on a Comcast connection. The will block it in and out. Another thing you can test with is telnet to the GMX. This will show you if your configuration is right or there is issues on the SMTP relay server at GMX.

How to test with telnet: How to Use Telnet to Test SMTP CommunicationThe article is a little technical, but if you need some help PM me.

Support article for that error message on the RKE/L: Digital Aquatics Forum ? View topic - NET

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. This is the only real issue I've encountered with the net module. Evidently GMX likes to block accounts because of the net module.

Any advice on another service? I tried AOL and Gmail to no avail.

Any assistance is appreciated.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hav enot had an issue with emails to my gmail from my systems. BUT IIRC when I used my netmodule, I had comcast and had to use port 587 i believe.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird, mine follows all of their suggestions.

Have you sent them an email? It took a couple of days but I did hear back from someone. They are located in the U.K. I believe so if you're in the states there's a certain time shift [emoji6]
IMG_2380.JPG

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, can you use the net module to log into your controller?

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a copy of the manual if you want the link. [emoji6]

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might help. I've never updated the firmware because it seems like a pain and I think I need the female/female phone cord connector which I lost.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might help. I've never updated the firmware because it seems like a pain and I think I need the female/female phone cord connector which I lost.

Look on bulk reef supply website for the bus cables. They're cheap. I'm sending a PM with a link to the page that has instructions. Scroll down until you see pickupman66's post.

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I need bus cables. It's female out of the head unit and female into the SIV2 or whatever it's called so I can't hook it up to my computer without a female/female connector. Unless I'm misunderstanding how to update the firmware.

Edit: Ok spent a minute and found it. I'll try updating tomorrow.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back