Rich and Famous Reef Owners

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alonzo Mourning formally from the Miami Heat was on the show fish tank kings but when they went for the consult he had a 120g reef.
IMG_7481.JPG

And Olympic beach volleyball star Phil dalhausser was but is on hiatus due to his busy travel schedule. Plans a return to the hobby when he retires. He used to come to Reefapalooza every year.
IMG_7482.JPG

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me obviously;) I've apparently been in OITNB and that 70s show haha. I've since given up my fame and fortune to be a slave to the retail world lol.

Liked the OITNB show by the way.

Sean Elliot from the San Antonio Spurs had a couple of nice tanks. He opened up his own Fish Store before being traded to the Pistons for Rodman.

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
artworks-000006845409-uc0dxd-t500x500.jpg

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alonzo Mourning formally from the Miami Heat was on the show fish tank kings but when they went for the consult he had a 120g reef.
IMG_7481.JPG

And Olympic beach volleyball star Phil dalhausser was but is on hiatus due to his busy travel schedule. Plans a return to the hobby when he retires. He used to come to Reefapalooza every year.
IMG_7482.JPG

Fish tank kings?? Never heard of that show?? Was it any good? Ill have to look that one up

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish tank kings?? Never heard of that show?? Was it any good? Ill have to look that one up
Nope and that's why it was cancelled. For real though they tried to lean more to the education side of things. That just wasn't as entertaining. I always point to that show as to why the Tanked crew doesn't change their format. If it ain't broke.....

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Von Miller of the Denver Broncos has a reef tank. I don't know how into it he is or if he just hires someone to maintain it though (probably the latter)

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tyga showed up at my LFS with Kylie Jenner. They wanted the marine betta in one of big tanks that would have been a full tear down to get out. Owner offered to order him one, but they declined. Pretty sure he pays someone to do all the dirty work.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to take care of a tank for a morning show DJ local here in San Diego(Mikey) and he told me the coolest tank he ever saw was in the the home of Metallica's drummer Lars Ulrich, he said it was an inset wall size reef tank when you enter the home, but the cool part was when you went into the Master bed/bath on the backside of that wall the shower wall was the back panel of the tank, so you could shower w/ your fishies!

Dub_G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Von Miller of the Denver Broncos has a reef tank. I don't know how into it he is or if he just hires someone to maintain it though (probably the latter)
He does have somebody maintain it. I saw an interview where he showed his tank. The guy asked him if he cleaned it. He said no I have a guy that takes care of it. It was a nice looking tank though.

Lninwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL I've never seen a reef tank on tanked I don't think??? There coral inserts from all the episodes I've seen at least!

The Tanked guys did one reef tank in one of their early seasons. Even though they use live sand and Nutra seawater I pretty sure at least 90% of those fish die before they tank cycles. I feel so bad for those fish. It kill me when I see them put a leopard wrasse in. I'm sure those rich people have expert tank maintenance people care for their tanks

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back