RO/DI and Water Pressure

inetjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I hooked up a New 5 stage water saver plus RO/DI system. I hooked up a dual in line TDS meter before the water hits the unit as well as after it comes out of the unit but before the DI canister to monitor RO TDS and assist with TDS creep when first turning the unit on. I also have a dual in line TDS meter on the DI canister.

My question is my water pressure and how it's affecting my unit. When I turn the unit on, my water pressure is around 90 to 95 psi... The instructions say to keep the pressure under 80 psi to save the seals. I have a ball valve at the beginning of the unit. Will I just have to adjust that accordingly or is there something I can add inline to reduce the pressure?

RavenSF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have high water pressure and I use a valve. I use it to turn on and off the system and adjust how much water goes to the unit. That's the way I'd go unless you were planning on keeping water going to the unit all the time.

OP
OP
I

inetjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I added a ball valve to the beginning. I was afraid that would be the case. The valve is just really touchy. I'll have to play with it more and figure it out. Thanks.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back