Roni's 270 Miracles Tank

aharrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roni, Stand and Tank looks awesome! Love the two toned wood and a Miracles tank is a piece of art itself. I had a tough time deciding between Miracles and Aquatics, but Tim was so instrumental in helping me convert the Sfiliogi fixture that I decided to go with him since they were about the same price. Plus Tim had this eurobrace cut from a single piece of glass that looks awesome and gave me the comfort of added support without taking away from the tank look.

Sorry to hear about the fish loss. I know how that feels and it is terrible. I lost all my fish except two chromis in my move to Florida and about 30 SPS and 20 chalices. I knew they were dying when I was at a rest stop in Georgia and driving the rest of the way knowing they aren't going to make it was terrible. That was an expensive move.

How do you like your Hammerhead? I have a snapper and it isn't doing the job once I turned on the long plumbing run to the house yesterday. It feeds too many tanks and doesn't have the power to push the water at the rate I need it. Not sure if I am going to go with a Hammerhead or Dart. The Dart / snapper hybrid would be a significant upgrade to my current pump but I worry about having too much power with the Hammerhead or not enough with the Hybrid.

OP
OP
Acropora52

Acropora52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've talked with Copps a couple times over the years, he's gotta be one of the most interesting people to listen to. His tanks are incredible as well. I wish we could get him to come over and chat on R2R.

John is a great guy and ridiculously knowledgeable. I thought I was a bit of a fish nerd but he's the guy at the head of the class :)

Sorry to hear about your fish. Did the black tang survive?

Very beautiful setup.

Thanks so much. Thankfully, the black tang did survive. What was strange was that I qted the yellow, purple, larger blue and the black tang together and they did fine in the 90 gallon. When I moved them back into the display along with the PBT, the PBT immediately attacked everyone else but eventually settled on picking on the black. Now, the purple and yellow also pick on the black. Things are starting to ease up a little but the black is now hanging out in one part of the tank. The PBT stressed himself out so much chasing everyone else around that he has a bit of ich and some torn fins. I'm hoping he'll just chill out a little and then heal.

Beautiful tank and stand. Love all the tangs and angels

Thanks!

Roni, Stand and Tank looks awesome! Love the two toned wood and a Miracles tank is a piece of art itself. I had a tough time deciding between Miracles and Aquatics, but Tim was so instrumental in helping me convert the Sfiliogi fixture that I decided to go with him since they were about the same price. Plus Tim had this eurobrace cut from a single piece of glass that looks awesome and gave me the comfort of added support without taking away from the tank look.

Sorry to hear about the fish loss. I know how that feels and it is terrible. I lost all my fish except two chromis in my move to Florida and about 30 SPS and 20 chalices. I knew they were dying when I was at a rest stop in Georgia and driving the rest of the way knowing they aren't going to make it was terrible. That was an expensive move.

How do you like your Hammerhead? I have a snapper and it isn't doing the job once I turned on the long plumbing run to the house yesterday. It feeds too many tanks and doesn't have the power to push the water at the rate I need it. Not sure if I am going to go with a Hammerhead or Dart. The Dart / snapper hybrid would be a significant upgrade to my current pump but I worry about having too much power with the Hammerhead or not enough with the Hybrid.

Andrew, thanks for the kind thoughts. I've actually never experienced the fish loss I had and it made me not want to look at anything for a long while. Agree on Tim. He's a fantastic guy and I'll eventually get something from him. Knowing his attention to detail, I'm sure your tank is fantastic. Sorry to hear about your fish/coral loss. I've moved tanks about 10 times in the past but the one long distance move I did ended with a lot of loss. If I ever do it again, I'll have someone hold my favorite corals/fish and then ship them out later. The hammerhead should easily supply your needs. Mine supplies the return to the tank, a manifold which includes 2 reactors, and still has juice left over. I've got a Barracuda supplying a UV sterilizer as well as my 70 gallon (which is about 30 feet away and 10 feet up from the sump) and it has be be dialed back to 30% output. I'd go with the Hammerhead, just so you don't have any issues with getting things moved over. From what I recall, the Dart is not pressure rated and may not work for such a long run.

I haven't taken a real video or pics but posted this on the anemone thread. It's an android vid so low quality but shows the new gigantea that replaced my ritteri (which is in the frag tank until I sell it) as well as some of the fish. Please excuse the unclean glass and low quality of the video.

OP
OP
Acropora52

Acropora52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, here are the few pics I was able to get with the Avast porthole before getting excited and dipping the lens in the water and messing it up.

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

OP
OP
Acropora52

Acropora52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics!! Thanks for sharing!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back