Room devider.4 months after start. Full Triton setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Charlie Denmark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I would like to share some pics of my tank. It is 150x60x60 cm =540 liter + aprox 80 liter sump.

It is my second Triton tank. It have been running for aprox 4 months now.

I think I've Got the amount of fish I want, so now I'm focusing on getting some Nice sps and lps corals.

My sps corals are groning like mad :)

Here are some photos.
Greetings.
Charlie/Denmark
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 430
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 446
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 436
OP
OP
Charlie Denmark

Charlie Denmark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My light are a DIY. COMBO between a ATI 8x 54 watt and an old pacific sun Metis 2x 145 watt LED.

I did take out the 4 tubes in the middel of my ATI lamp and afterwards i could snug in my led lamp ind the space. I Did place a BIG fan at one end of the light fixture to keep temp reasonable low....= 54 C. At the hights. I LOVE the combo between shimmer/sun up-down (led) and the more even distrubetet light from the T5 tubes.... And my corals seems to love it to.
In mid Day i have around 500watt of light on for a couple of hours... So LOTS of light here :)
My led starts sunrise at 8 and sunset at 21 and my T5 is on between 10-21.

Regards

klp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you go into some detail on your Triton experience, do you do water changes and if so why, has it been easy to maintain nitrate and mineral levels etc. What equipment do you use other than lights and pumps to maintain your tank if any. I am going to do Triton and would like to hear about your experience. Great looking room divider!

OP
OP
Charlie Denmark

Charlie Denmark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late reply, I'm soooo busy working here...

Well as I wrote in a earlier reply this is my second Triton tank. Started in May this year.

I haven't changed one drop of water yet. As I have no issues concerning unwanted metals or anything. I did a triton test 3 weeks ago and it looks fine.
In the start I did have some troubles whit getting my Nitrate and pho stat UP... They where both on "0" after my tank did mature.
Now I have quite a few fish. So I do feed HEAVY.... My no3 is now around 3.0 and my po4 is around 0.02.
I only dose the three Triton base and around 2 ml iodium once a week.

In the start I did have to add extra magnesium to get my "three holy" in balance....
In my DT I have a gyre 150 and a Jebao for flow.
I have a Skimtz skimmer.

In my sump I have caluparla and Chaeto mako Alger that's about it.
Right now I dose 80 ml per day of the 3 base elements.

Cheers from Denmark

OP
OP
Charlie Denmark

Charlie Denmark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update...

As statet in one of my earlier replies I couldn't get my po4 and my no3 UP.....
Now after my tank have been running for 2 months with my 4 tangs and all the other fishes my no3 is above 5...! Wow.... I can see my algae bed have started kicking in now..... (That's about time) .

My mineral level have got a little out of syncs??? My KH have raised up to 10.2 so now I did turn my dosing down to 50 ml pr day and then adding MG and CAl Base to keep those two up....

I'm wondering why the heck my KH have run up that high? It was stable for a long time and I did only add more corals, so why haven't the concumtiom been rising?

I have to calibrate my doser today to see if that's the one teasing me.... It's not looking like that at all when I look in my base containers.... Wired?

I know the KH consumption can fluxiate over time, due to how the corals are growing, but this seems a little weird. Anyone else experienced the same? Greetings Charlie

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
Charlie Denmark

Charlie Denmark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some newer pic's.

Haven't been on fir a while here.... But still following all the greats treads.

My system have been running 11 months now and I'm so pleased whit this approach :)

Here we go.

All pics taken whit iPhone, I can't figure how the heck to uploads my high resolution macro pics.....

Can you please help whit ID on the last pic? I think it's a GRAF bonsai Acropora... Not a acro Valida.... Your guess?

Greetings from Denmark

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!
That last pic is definitely not a valida. Does look like a Purple Bonsai but whether its a Garf or some other origin I couldn't tell ya.

OP
OP
Charlie Denmark

Charlie Denmark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx mini.... I'm affraid that my Best pics is on my "Real" camera.... The iPhone dosent give a fair pic.

And I agee sooooo much, it ISENT a Valida.... We're discusting this in the Danish forum....

Back