Salinity & testing issues?????

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, My question is, Will the salinity of the water affect a Nitrate or Phosphate test?
I know for accurate tests for say Mg,Alk, Ca the salinity must be correct . Does it affect No3& Po4 tests? I have been cooking a bunch of Lr for months. I haven't been exactly testing for salinity. So the salinity in 1 barrel is 1.030. Not sure if it throws off the test results . I'm going to test for N03 & Po4 now. then see what you Folks have to say . Thanks !

OP
OP
cracker

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Go Vols, Thanks for the bump ! On a side note, I have live in Fl for a long time So I'm a Gator fan. However I used to live in TN & have a BIG soft spot in my heart for the VOLS !

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Go Vols, Thanks for the bump ! On a side note, I have live in Fl for a long time So I'm a Gator fan. However I used to live in TN & have a BIG soft spot in my heart for the VOLS !
Well, That means a lot!

We need to get the East back on top, again.

I've been going to Neyland since 1983 and I'd never think I'd see the Vols go threw this many down years like this. We fired the AD and Chancellor so Butch has to prove he can deal with the "big time" from week to week. Too much talent to lose to SC and Vandy. I hear up here that he's miserable from all the fan heat and wan'ts the buy out. Also his last recruiting class wasn't up to par. Watch out for our red shirt freshman QB. He was the #1 dual threat out of HS and they say he's the real deal. Dormandy with get the start but the RS freshman won't be sitting behind him for long unless the Vols can pass block.

I hope Butch can get it done. Jon Gruden ain't coming home and it will be awhile before Tee Martin can prove that he's head coach material.

Sorry, I'll get off the soap box.

OP
OP
cracker

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH Ya The Vols pulled off a couple of upsets in the fall that I loved !
Ok back to the matter at hand, So I did test .Both barrels show very little No3 or Po4. I will slowly add Ro water to these barrels and test again tomorrow night to see if The numbers change. Thanks for any OP"S !

OP
OP
cracker

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for dropping in Randy ! Great to hear that salinity won't throw off the test too much. That means the old LR is almost ready to go ! I'm still slowly adding RO water to the barrels. I have only smaller powerheads in them so it takes a while to adjust. Don't want to over shoot ! will test again to see .

Last edited:
OP
OP
cracker

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I got the water in 1 barrel down to 1.026. Was concerned about going too low & got tired of messing with it. I got the same/very close readings. It wasn't a very scientific test but Hey. The results? Randy was right !
So Being as patient as I am I started this rock July 4th last year. I had no idea it would take 8 months ! So according to my log, last august No3 was above 10 Po4 was o.o.8 It was covered with Ha & bubble. Now ,I have gotta go over all the pages. (on a side note I can't read my own writing) No3 <2 Po4 around 0.2 . I have a brand new 180 that has been going since last August . There is about 2.5 inches of sand & 46 lbs of dry base. I have been ghost feeding a little bit. I can't take it any longer , the rock goes in this weekend ! HPIM8524.JPG

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back