screws in 6040 controller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard something rattling in the controller box of my 6040 powerhead so I took the external screws off the back and took the back off. Looks like there are two screws that hold the PCB on and they're behind the PCB rolling around but I can't get the PCB off to get them. Does it just pop off? I don't want to break it.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The knobs just pop off, pry them off carefully with a screwdriver or knife, you just don't want to gouge the display in the process. Generally you can only open it by removing the knobs as the PCB will be screwed to the back. I can only assume they were not tightened or over tightened until it stripped, let me know if they are stripped and we can send a new back.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will send a new controller housing, my apologies, they use an electric screwdriver that has a preset torque to assemble these and I have not encountered that before as usually they cannot be overtightened. Can you PM me your address?

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger, I received the new box with screws, got everything put together, setup the 6040 in tank, and it's running great except for one thing. With all this downtime I lost the quater-sphere top shroud. If you PM me your Paypal address I will send money for a new one plus shipping if you don't mind sending me a new one please.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll send you one for the hassle.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back