1   0   0
These are great!

DLJTWO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow there are some talented folks in here. Here's my custom stand that I built for my Biocube 14.

IMG_6245.jpg
IMG_1442.jpg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow there are some talented folks in here. Here's my custom stand that I built for my Biocube 14.

IMG_6245.jpg
IMG_1442.jpg

Looks good David...nicely done.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

DLJTWO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks very much! :)

I may do a thread on my build so that others can use it for their nano's if they choose.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks very much! :)

I may do a thread on my build so that others can use it for their nano's if they choose.

Please do. You can start a new thread here and share your journey.

DLJTWO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the the two side stands, nice place to hide stuff like an auto-top off reservoir and extra maintenance stuff. I wish I had built those with my stand. Very nice work.

Bluefish9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! They will have glass tops and slate stacked tile on the wall behind with glass shelving.

fasterfred

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the the two side stands, nice place to hide stuff like an auto-top off reservoir and extra maintenance stuff. I wish I had built those with my stand. Very nice work.
I may steal that idea for my stand[emoji2] [emoji2]

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that, too, and thought, what a great idea.... however, consider ease of access to the back of the tank. I like the fact that I can get my mag scraper all across the back glass. If I had cabinets on either side, that would be a challenge. I like a clean back glass- if that's not a priority for you, go for it!!

VERY nice stand, though!! You'll enjoy having the full access to the sump and the lip around the edges of the tank for setting stuff on temporarily. What's he size of your tank? It doesn't look like the standard glass rectangle.

Bluefish9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that, too, and thought, what a great idea.... however, consider ease of access to the back of the tank. I like the fact that I can get my mag scraper all across the back glass. If I had cabinets on either side, that would be a challenge. I like a clean back glass- if that's not a priority for you, go for it!!

VERY nice stand, though!! You'll enjoy having the full access to the sump and the lip around the edges of the tank for setting stuff on temporarily. What's he size of your tank? It doesn't look like the standard glass rectangle.

Its a 150xh - 48 x 24 x 30. I built the stand at 40" high too. I wanted to go for not just a tank but a feature wall... Above the side cabinets will be slate stacked stone on the wall with glass shelves. The side cabinets have a 1/2" recessed tray on the top in which I'll add sand, shells, rope and fish hooks and then cover under glass.

Yes the feature wall and side cabinets will make for more difficult glass maint but I think it'll be worth it. I suppose staying diligent with a flipper or mag float will really help too.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

DLJTWO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I could do it over, I would have made my stand a tab taller. It's 34" and although I'm 6'4", I can barely touch the bottom of the tank. I like the higher profile though and having it closer to eye level.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back