Show Me Your Equipment Cabinets

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I designed my sump too big and there will be no room underneath for any additional items, apex, ATO and dosing.

Looking to either buy or build like a small equipment cabinet to house all these items, please show me yours, i'd like to get an idea on how to organize/design it.

Thanks!

reeferjeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to see what everyone else is doing as well I'm in the process of building my first stand and am putting a false panel on the left side so I can mount my rke and wavemaker controllers to the outside of the sump area. Nit sure how this stand is gonna turn out though lol I've never built one before

Jet_Pilot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 I definitely could use some ideas for my upcoming build.

OP
OP
BfishLpond78

BfishLpond78

F.U.P.A.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you guys follow R2R on FB, theres alot of post/pictures of what people have done concerning this thread. I'm getting some really good ideas, hopefully i can replicate them.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a wall cabinet like a medicine cabinet. Put my radion ballasts on the bottom. DJ strip on a shelf right above those then velcroed my apex wxm etc to back wall above that.
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I did for my electronics:
IMG_0581-356x480.jpg
IMG_0641-720x537.jpg

The equipment section is to the right of the sump. These pictures were taken right before the tank was running fully. Since I am pretty satisfied that the Archon is far enough along I will be changing around some of the control elements to replace the RKE with the Archon base. My topoff reservoir is downstairs so I have no need for that by the tank, but I think I will begin dosing soon and will probably just get a small version of a kitchen cabinet to place a dosing reservoir in. I will most likely get it custom made by Marc Levinson so the size will be based on the cabinet size. My tank sits about 18" from the wall on the left side so I will most likely put the cabinet there. Somehow it seems like we never plan for enough room under our tanks.

Brinkfish312

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: when Yall are mounting these crazy organized equipment "studios" are you adding/altering the wiring or plugs to make them longer to get them where you want them to go? Or do you just work with what they come with and hope it fits?
I am collecting lots of re-design and organization ideas for when we can change up or upgrade in a couple years.

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't need to extend or shorten any of my wiring. All of the extra is in the cable raceway that I am using.

FranklinDattein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: when Yall are mounting these crazy organized equipment "studios" are you adding/altering the wiring or plugs to make them longer to get them where you want them to go? Or do you just work with what they come with and hope it fits?
I am collecting lots of re-design and organization ideas for when we can change up or upgrade in a couple years.

Sometimes there are too many cables, sometimes they are too short. I tried to overcome this issue, by creating a relay box with cables coming out of it, instead of the normal box with power sockets. This way I could cut the cables to size. It ended up not being a very user friendly solution, though.

10061708973_5b43a83741_z.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back