pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had Blue Tide Acrylics make me a container. I wanted it all white and exact dimensions, price was lower than any others I found online.

9F76B59D-067C-4736-A0F2-01802805B007_zpsjnyhxywk.jpg

FE966DA0-5386-4582-8CC4-FA74FAD3BA6B_zpsadsv4psu.jpg

D3529581-4CD3-40A4-BA77-40321EA38942_zps1dodnqpz.jpg

Trey302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input Trey 302. For now I don't see me needing more then the jr. I have the rossmount power heads with controller and the varios 6 circulation pump that has a controller also. The lights are the hydra 26 HD. I feel that for most things you will just set it and for get it. For the most part I don't want a heater to fail and not know it or loss power and skimmer overflow when the power comes back on.

I will follow that up by saying once you get it and start being able to control and monitor more things it is a little addicting. Luckily for now I am happy with the amount of control that the apex handles so hopefully that doesn't change in the near future ;)

jjh302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm getting ready to plumb my rsr 250... I found clear schedule 80 pipe. Will using clear pipe create an algae problem or any other problems?

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Pelphrey, Do they have a on line store or do I just need to call them?

I sent you a private message.

So I'm getting ready to plumb my rsr 250... I found clear schedule 80 pipe. Will using clear pipe create an algae problem or any other problems?

Do you plan to have a refugium in your sump? If so that light will be a problem for the plumbing. I can't speak from experience, I know others have mentioned how nasty the plumbing was when they removed it from the tank. So it may become an eye sore later down the road even with no light inside the stand.

lake985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using Eshopps medium (5gals) ATO reservoir it fits perfectly in the 350 cabinet along with the 5.0 dosing container.

Where is everyone hiding those hideous power bricks? I mounted by Apex modules and other controllers, but those power bricks are just sitting at the bottom of my cabinet in a tangled mess. :(

jjh302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent you a private message.

Do you plan to have a refugium in your sump? If so that light will be a problem for the plumbing. I can't speak from experience, I know others have mentioned how nasty the plumbing was when they removed it from the tank. So it may become an eye sore later down the road even with no light inside the stand.

Yes I am planning a fuge as soon as I can find a setup that will work in my sump area. Would the included ATO container make a viable fuge?

I will be skipping the clear pipe.
What size pipe is standard for the plumbing in the 250? 3/4" or 1"?

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I am planning a fuge as soon as I can find a setup that will work in my sump area. Would the included ATO container make a viable fuge?

I have no personal experience on converting the ATO, plenty others have done it successfully.

I'd use whatever size output your pump has, then reduce it to the 3/4 fitting going into the tank.

jjh302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no personal experience on converting the ATO, plenty others have done it successfully.

I'd use whatever size output your pump has, then reduce it to the 3/4 fitting going into the tank.

Thanks. I'm sure that was a dumb question. This will be my first shot at hard plumbing a system. But I need to decide where reactors are going to be and how my refugium is going to work before I start plumbing. I'm probably going to have to upgrade my return pump from the Ehiem 3000 that I have

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No dumb questions here. Been a lot of trial and error, luckily for us it's been documented here in this thread!!

jjh302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any suggestions on a D.C. Return pump that will co-exist with my Apex? Something that will move more than an Ehiem 3000?

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any suggestions on a D.C. Return pump that will co-exist with my Apex? Something that will move more than an Ehiem 3000?

Reef octopus varios pumps are apex compatible. I don't run mine through the apex though. Just use the power bar to turn it on and off.

Chad_2005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is everyone hiding those hideous power bricks? I mounted by Apex modules and other controllers, but those power bricks are just sitting at the bottom of my cabinet in a tangled mess. :(
mounting_bracket_zpsiyktbspu.jpg

Get yourself some of these and mount them above out of sight and use cable clips to organize the wires.

Rory's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I turned the ATO into a fuge. My primary purpose is to use it as a safe breeding ground for pods. It will remove some nutrients, but it's pretty small so won't do a lot.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is hidden behind my control station...

IMG_5282 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

alonso24k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up my Red Sea reefer 350!! Very excited, I bought it used. One year old and came with pump and heaters for 1k. Will need to replace the return plumbing because it was plumbed for an algae scrubber, also going to replace the heaters after the cycle. Other than needing a very deep cleaning it's perfect!!
IMG_7059.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back