TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers,

So here's where I'm at. Starting day 6 with cycle. Just installed Eshopps S-120 ( thanks Roryb24 ) and Ecotech MP10. Let me know if I'm breaking this skimmer in correctly? I have it wide open and going to let it run 5 to 10 days. Input? Thanks

20160417_081019.jpg

20160417_081004.jpg

Looks good. You should install a shelf to make room inside your cabinet for electronics or other goods.

roryb24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers,

So here's where I'm at. Starting day 6 with cycle. Just installed Eshopps S-120 ( thanks Roryb24 ) and Ecotech MP10. Let me know if I'm breaking this skimmer in correctly? I have it wide open and going to let it run 5 to 10 days. Input? Thanks

20160417_081019.jpg

20160417_081004.jpg

Wow, that thing fits absolutely perfect. How quiet is it? the Sicce pumps are really quiet.
Yeah that's correct just let it run wide open for the break in period for a while and then your good to go.

Diverxd87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. You should install a shelf to make room inside your cabinet for electronics or other goods.
Yeah I'm working on it shortly, might be next to it inside a separate cabinet to keep the electronics clean. Looking to possibly get a neptune systems controller first.

Diverxd87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that thing fits absolutely perfect. How quiet is it? the Sicce pumps are really quiet.
Yeah that's correct just let it run wide open for the break in period for a while and then your good to go.
It's crazy quiet. The weird thing I noticed, it's way more quite than my sicce return pump. Maybe I have a bad unit? Not sure? Any thoughts?

roryb24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's crazy quiet. The weird thing I noticed, it's way more quite than my sicce return pump. Maybe I have a bad unit? Not sure? Any thoughts?

That's awesome!
On the return pump I'm running the sicce syncra 2.0 and mine has a strange little rattleing sound that I can only hear when I'm working in the cabinet but if the door is closed I cant hear so I don't worry about it.
I would only say its a issue on your pump if its loud enough to hear and its bothering you, then I would replace it. if its not then let it be.

Cameron Martinez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I did to mine and the parts I used:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/y-reducer-3-4-to-1-2-for-3-4-loc-line-modular-hose.html

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/loc-line-modular-hose-segments.html

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/loc-line-straight-flow-nozzle.html

So I used a specific, 2-part urethane structural adhesive(Norton SpeedGrip 1 Minute) to bond the Loc-Line "Y" to the Red Sea outlet. This is only sold in a fairly large quantity and it takes a $50 application gun at that. I work with bonding plastics all of the time for my personal business, so I have this stuff on hand. At $30 for the tube of adhesive, $50 for the gun and a few $ for the application nozzles, I don't know that many will do it exactly like I did. I'm sure you can find a suitable "store bought" glue at Home Depot etc. At any rate, the 2-part urethane dries shiny black and creates an amazing bond with pretty much all plastic, metal, fiberglass etc. A simple 80-grit rough-up of the mating surfaces and it's permanent! So I removed the extension nozzle from the Red Sea outlet and bonded the "Y" directly to the outlet. It's nice because the Red Sea ball socket/outlet is still in place and gives you infinite adjustment in conjunction with the Loc-Line. I used a generous amount of the 2-part urethane around the end of the Red Sea outlet and slipped the "Y" over it. I then used a latex glove and my finger to smooth/smear the urethane around the joint and shaft of the Red Sea outlet. Since the 2-part urethane is shiny black, it really blends in with the plastic of the Loc-Line and the Red Sea outlet.

IMG_3943 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr
Think this can be done with the PVC glue? Maybe use a lot and clean it after it cures.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think this can be done with the PVC glue? Maybe use a lot and clean it after it cures.

I would just use my new method, no glue necessary... same result! I have a setup all ready to go if you want me to ship one to you!?! This is what it looks like installed onto the Red Sea return:

IMG_6031 by Toby Broadfield, on Flickr

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3528559b1dff0b377dfd35b06c5bd2bb.jpg
163cb015a624d48e0e7817ab5ba6ee0a.jpg
4cb81a05660a22f68703f413a2925e26.jpg

Wired, plumbed and running.
Equipment to date:
2 radion xr30 pros
1 mp40 vortech
1 reeflink
1 apex gold
1 ref sea c-skim 1800
1 waviline dc10000 return pump

Left to do and get:
Media reactors
Broadfields 2 headed red sea serpent return nozzle
Study more on setting up direct hook up for ro
Etc..

Cameron Martinez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I am not sure about the heater. Previously I had a nano tank with chambers in the back that only allowed the heater to stand vertically.
Not 100% here but I think there is a water line on the black controller piece. If it is vertical water level should be to that line. From my understanding you can have it completely submerged horizontally. That is my understanding at least I hope some with a 100% knowing on this chimes in here cause I have the same heater and have been running it submerged for awhile now.

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Can anyone with a 525 XL help me out?! I need the internal dimension of the dry side of the stand. I am trying to build a mounting system for my apex and dosing pumps, but have been unable to get good measurements from RedSea. Thanks!

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back