Show off your nano tank aquascape

BlackFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for ideas for shaping the liverock in my 29 biocube. Show off your nano's rock scape. If you have pics from the initial set up and a more recent pic, it would be cool to see the rock go from bare rock to how ever you have it now . Or any full tank shots would be great.

tomxreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cheated and used ceramic rock in my Lagoon 25. The depth of this tank is pretty tricky.

20160408_114506.jpg

20160408_114506.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking forward to this thread!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Retro, was that 1 pound per gallon dry or wet rock?

It was moist :D .. I was fortunate enough to show up at incredible corals the day they recived a large shipment of real reef rock, the owner was busy so I just helped my self .. lol, The rock was still boxed and on a pallet in their work shop.. It was packed wet but wrapped only in newspaper so most of the water had "wicked" into the paper, I think I went through every piece :D set up a little aqua scape on their work bench and selected just the right pieces.. Adam of Incredible corals / artfully acrylic is a super great guy and I thank him again for letting me have first dibs on that batch.. I really like the rock it cycled super fast and is super clean the only problem hitchhikers so far are tube worms by the hundreds.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was moist :D .. I was fortunate enough to show up at incredible corals the day they recived a large shipment of real reef rock, the owner was busy so I just helped my self .. lol, The rock was still boxed and on a pallet in their work shop.. It was packed wet but wrapped only in newspaper so most of the water had "wicked" into the paper, I think I went through every piece :D set up a little aqua scape on their work bench and selected just the right pieces.. Adam of Incredible corals / artfully acrylic is a super great guy and I thank him again for letting me have first dibs on that batch.. I really like the rock it cycled super fast and is super clean the only problem hitchhikers so far are tube worms by the hundreds.
Did the rock have to be cleaned, any mud, crud, slime on it? Any die-off? How big is the average piece?

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the rock have to be cleaned, any mud, crud, slime on it? Any die-off? How big is the average piece?

It's Aqua cultured in green houses and available in all shapes and sizes, they have raceways that the rock is allowed to grow out in a controlled environment so it's very clean and ready to use, I cycled mine in a bucket for a week or so before putting in the tank just to see if any critters where in it, only pods, dusters and a sponge or two..

image.png

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful job folks!

Back