OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow following this build it looks like it's really going to be a good one , love it when people do all vertex ;)

Yes even i cant wait LOL.. Vertex is making me step up my game with this build.

Wow! That is impressive

Thank you! Vertex products are amazing... The only complaint I have is the grounding probe did not come in a cool box :p

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dude awesome so far!

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that vertex equipment looks really impressive to say the least. Quality and aesthetically pleasing.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude awesome so far!

:) Thanks.. I hope this weekend I can post a rough idea of the tank.

Wow, that vertex equipment looks really impressive to say the least. Quality and aesthetically pleasing.

Yes I am still blown away at the I-Supra not to mention the other equipment... It looks even better in person.

mmatt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well then. I was blown away with your 16foot build and sad to see you tear it down soon after. But after reading and seeing what you soon here..... All I can say is well then. And very excited to see how this all pans out.

Glad to see another local canadian on here too representin' wut wut!!

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweeeeet following for sure!

I really need to follow great build so far...

Looking pretty good!

Thank you! I will be keeping this build up to date as much as possible. I am still hammering out some final details but we are almost ready to start construction.

Well then. I was blown away with your 16foot build and sad to see you tear it down soon after. But after reading and seeing what you soon here..... All I can say is well then. And very excited to see how this all pans out.

Glad to see another local canadian on here too representin' wut wut!!

Thanks! The demise of my 16 foot reef was sad but I knew that I was going to start this build. The 16 foot reef ended up not what I truly wanted out of my reef tank. Yes it was big but not what I wanted so the decision was made to start over. I never honestly got attached to the tank for some reason I do not know why as it was fun to build.

This new build is what I intended to do but needed the foresight to get it done.. It cost me my first large tank but now I am on track :).

It amazes me how big the reefing community is in Canada and how many amazing tanks come from the north.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you are doing this amazing build in Canada, are you going to focus on Arctic coral like these? I know they do great in my tank! :p
upload_2017-3-2_11-56-4.png

upload_2017-3-2_11-56-57.png

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you are doing this amazing build in Canada, are you going to focus on Arctic coral like these? I know they do great in my tank! :p
upload_2017-3-2_11-56-4.png

upload_2017-3-2_11-56-57.png

I have actually looked into this :p also housing a octopus. I however own and operate businesses In Mauritius as well. I travel to the island nation quite often and have strong ties to collectors and the companies that exists on the island. I have also applied for my collection licence and have infrastructure on the island to collect and house fish.

There is no promises but the original idea was to have a school of Gem tang's. Finding small ones are a pain off the island but it can be done.

The overall logistics of this is far in the future as I am just now building the tank. This is something though I have wanted to do for a long time now.

I am also extremely interested in the Mauritius trigger fish but finding them young is almost impossible. They are also quite smart and have seen them trick collectors off the island.

We will see how this all goes but you never know... I will have one Gem tang in the tank almost guaranteed but three would be better :p.

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have actually looked into this also housing a octopus. I however own and operate businesses In Mauritius as well. I travel to the island nation quite often and have strong ties to collectors and the companies that exists on the island. I have also applied for my collection licence and have infrastructure on the island to collect and house fish.

There is no promises but the original idea was to have a school of Gem tang's. Finding small ones are a pain off the island but it can be done.

The overall logistics of this is far in the future as I am just now building the tank. This is something though I have wanted to do for a long time now.

I am also extremely interested in the Mauritius trigger fish but finding them young is almost impossible. They are also quite smart and have seen them trick collectors off the island.

We will see how this all goes but you never know... I will have one Gem tang in the tank almost guaranteed but three would be better :p.
That is an amazing plan! I can't see how an octopus would co-exist with a school of Gem Tangs, but I have no doubt you could fabricate a solution!

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is an amazing plan! I can't see how an octopus would co-exist with a school of Gem Tangs, but I have no doubt you could fabricate a solution!

I scraped the ideas of a Octopus a long time ago. I replaced this with the Gem Tang idea.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing so far! Definitely following this one for sure!

Thank you!

I am working on the tank size this weekend. It is hard when there are so many options out there it also does not help I can make any tank I want.... This is compounded by my last build that was a 30+" wide 16 foot long tank....

So much to think about...

I think 19"-22" high 28"-30" wide 74"-84" long I just don't know..... One of the hardest question or design choices I have :).

Acrylic with Euro brace or Glass.... Acrylic tank I would make :) or glass tank someone else would make (I hate silicone).

I just don't know but have till Monday to decide :p

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back