revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

QT tank is up and running!!!

I did not know how much I missed having a tank till tonight! I am so excited about my QT LOL.

Custom cut 1/4" Lexan lid to help reduce evaporation:

Feeding holes:

Custom baffles to split the nuvo 20 into 4 compartments if needed: (Installed)

(Removed)

Baffles:

Filled QT tank up and running!

The funny thing is I had to drain it right after this picture and re level the whole stand. I replaced the 1/2" melamine board with 3/4" ply with 1/4" black acrylic top for strength.

I love this idea! I'm sure you're not hurting for money but you could probably get rich in the aquarium business. LOL!

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this idea! I'm sure you're not hurting for money but you could probably get rich in the aquarium business. LOL!

:p, Having the room to house more then 1 fish at a time is nice.

Great build!!!

Thanks! I hope to pick up my steel stand tomorrow and the real planing and building will start!

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you go with Miracles or are you building the tank yourself?

I am going with Miracles as I want a glass tank this time around.. Acrylic is nice but there is something to be said about glass when it comes to maintenance.

3/4" starfire is quite nice :)

Derek at Miracles and there team are so easy to work with too.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He clearly has no limit on spending for this beauty. Maybe someday we all can build amazing tanks like this. If this was my tank I would quit my job and put a nice lazy boy recliner in front of it just to watch it all day long. Looking good keep the pictures coming.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He clearly has no limit on spending for this beauty. Maybe someday we all can build amazing tanks like this. If this was my tank I would quit my job and put a nice lazy boy recliner in front of it just to watch it all day long. Looking good keep the pictures coming.

O there was a limit same as my last tank but then..... The limit seems to disappear and is never mentioned again LOL

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O there was a limit same as my last tank but then..... The limit seems to disappear and is never mentioned again LOL
That's is typical in this hobby!! You can never have enough equipment and fish/coral even when you think you have everything you want/need you will find something else you want. For me I absolutely love getting packages sent to me it's like Christmas when you were a kid can't sleep the night before cause you know your getting something awesome the next day. That's all me right there

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's is typical in this hobby!! You can never have enough equipment and fish/coral even when you think you have everything you want/need you will find something else you want. For me I absolutely love getting packages sent to me it's like Christmas when you were a kid can't sleep the night before cause you know your getting something awesome the next day. That's all me right there

I know the feeling! I can't wait for things that I order to come in the mail.. I was waiting for my Aquarium Specialty order every day refusing to look at the tracking so I would be surprised. That goes for the Vertex equipment as well It was like Christmas for me.

I am excited to get a tank up... I love fish and coral and could spend hours just staring at my old setup.

This Tank with the help from Orphek and the Coral Reef Shop I hope to go heavy SPS. The Vertex i-supra and the equipment from Aquarium Specialty should help me accomplish my SPS dreams :p.

Last edited:

Og57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

QT tank is up and running!!!

I did not know how much I missed having a tank till tonight! I am so excited about my QT LOL.

Custom cut 1/4" Lexan lid to help reduce evaporation:

Feeding holes:

Custom baffles to split the nuvo 20 into 4 compartments if needed: (Installed)

(Removed)

Baffles:

Filled QT tank up and running!

The funny thing is I had to drain it right after this picture and re level the whole stand. I replaced the 1/2" melamine board with 3/4" ply with 1/4" black acrylic top for strength.

Great build/thread!!
Was wondering who did the custom baffles and lid for the QT tank? I want to build a grow out tank for my clowns and these baffles would be perfect if they can make for bigger tanks.

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build/thread!!
Was wondering who did the custom baffles and lid for the QT tank? I want to build a grow out tank for my clowns and these baffles would be perfect if they can make for bigger tanks.
He did, Elder1945 is owner of a custom sign / design shop.
He is a scrub shot n00b as well.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back