Such a sad day...

Ayzel1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily It sadden me to read about your tragedy and loss. Your help and expertise has helped me understand more about my fish and tank in many ways. It pains me to say this, but your tragedy will help me prepare for an up coming week long vacation with my family. My condolences and best wishes to you, your Dad, and family & pets. Take care.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how I missed this thread earlier. I'm so sorry you are going through this. :(

Nothing left to say that hasn't already been said. You know you will have support when you are ready.

Neptune1707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry dude that really sucks! I currently only have my one main tank display a Red Sea Max500, I plan on getting neptune system or something similar that will give me a heads up if something looses power etc. They are pricey systems but well worth it when you think about the time/cost of replacing tanks and fish. When I got engaged to my wife I put my condo up for sale. Knowing I was moving, I moved the tank first so that it would be in place a her house and one less thing for me to think about the following week when I would fully move in. Within 2 days, the return hose dry rotted, water every where and shorted tank....same think...lost all fish except my Blue Hippo Tang. I sold that old 90g acrylic tank and got my Red Sea and got my Blue Hippo in place....only to pull a rookie mistake and added a new piece of coral without quarantine...causing an ick breakout in tank. Blue hippo tang had to go in QT for 77 days....finally, moved him back up to main display, where he has been a thriving happy camper. Thought about quitting so many times. Hang in there....Big Blue gave me hope and I wanted a great home for him since I have had him for over 10 years now....see pic in my profile pic :) Hang in there. Consider this a great time to take in all the new fish tech and come up with a master plan to get back up and running!!!

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've done a lot for the community here! I want to help replace your fish when you're ready.

Rev, could we have thread with maybe a link to a PayPal account? I would like to contribute.

JimNewman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow.......I'm so sorry. We've all had that nightmare that it would happen to us. I agree.....you have to rebuild for the surviving fish.....dang. So sorry.

Scubabeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just seeing this thread: @4FordFamily, you always go out of your way to help others on this forum, and are a blessing to all. This does not go unnoticed. Please know how sorry we all are for the loss of your finned family. Your survivor is a fighter for sure! Praying for peace for you.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've done a lot for the community here! I want to help replace your fish when you're ready.

This.

This and the chain that it started are symptoms, indications, tiny hints of why Reef2Reef is such a wonderful place to be.

~Bruce

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your losses. My vacations are usually less than a week and I always worried about my tank since the neighbor basically just put the measured dixie cups of food from the freezer in each day. No knowledge of stuff like the ATO warning beeps and such. But didn't want to impose on more techie friends who live further away.

FishLover01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry for your loss. I get frustrated at times because of the time it takes to upkeep my four tanks knowing I'm a retail manager at a very busy location. Needless to say, I don't have a lot of time. If this happened to me, I'm sure I'd be doing what you're doing. Maybe it would be better to just have one tank. If you decide to do that, I may end up following. Good Luck.

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So very sorry to hear of your loss, I feel asleep today watching a movie, awoke startled and yelling cause I dreamed my tank burst and I was trying to collect my fish and couldn't find them, so relieved it was a dream. Hang in there, I know you will, This too shall pass

JP79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg! I can't even begin to think how that feels. Well I guess it would be like losing a pet. Lots of pets. We all know keeping any type of salt water tank is one of if not the hardest type of pet alive. I treat my fish and everything in my tank better then I treat my self I think. They might be more then pets. It's a love and passion that you can't explain to someone that doesn't know. I'm sorry to hear about your loss of almost everything. You'll pull through and bounce back. That's all you can do. Good luck in the future and hang in there.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back