Sulphur Denitrators

sirjustis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from what i have read, im looking for an increase in nitrates coming from the effluent before i increase the output, or dps. is this accurate?

robert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the output of the denitrator should read lower than the tank water generally - if run slow, it should read 0 nitrates. Run the denitrator slow to start - maybe a few drops per second. When you test this output and its half or less than the tank nitrate level, you can begin to crank up the flow.

sirjustis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks robert! i appreciate your input, i must have read something wrong on the DIT forum i posted on the other pages. but he said after a few hours 6-12, you can test and see where the nitrates have "climbed". that was an indicator that the sulfer was colonizing. so at that point we would speed up to 120 dps. and wait again for a "increase in trates". then spead up to a stream.

it kinda sounded weird to me, but also made a lil scense. im in no way trying to argue or say your wrong :) i just want to get this thing dialed in as quickly as possible. on his study he had dialed in in about 2.5 days! wow! thats fast.....

also im switching out my 1200 for a 400 as a recirc! i like the 100gph as aposed to 300+gph. i feel like it could blow off the sulfer to much. idk yet, this hobby always has me double guessing.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back